Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,194 times

Advertisements

hello everyone!
Dh and I were planning to visit wilmington towards the end of sep or early october. I know its too late for a beach trip, but we are gojng to be travelling with our dog (dogs are allowed off season).

I looked up online and its seemed so confusing. there are so many beaches, wrightville, oak island, kure etc. if you have been there before, could you recommend which beach would be better, more dog-friendly, and close to amenities?also, could you share things to do there in which dogs are allowed.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 PM

196 posts, read 573,393 times
I believe Wrightsville allows dogs on the beach but only out of season and they must be on a leash.

Topsail Beach Topsail Beach, NC* allows dogs on the beach year round; on leash in-season and off leash but under voice command off-season. They have bags and trashcans at all the public beach accesses. There are a couple of restaurants that allow dogs if dining outside; New York Deli in Surf City even has water bowls for your dog! Home Port in Topsail Beach has an outdoor dining area but you need to make sure they are open.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 AM

196 posts, read 573,393 times
You may also find that Sept/Oct isn't bad at all for the beach. Average temps are around 80 degrees with cooler evenings. You may be there for warm and sunny days that are great for the beach and have it to yourself. You can get some great deals on dog friendly beach houses during that time of year too. Topsail Island Vacation Rentals | Topsail Island Rentals| Topsail Island NC

Old 09-09-2012, 01:47 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,543,689 times
I love to walk my dog at Wrightsville in the off-season. There are a lot of dogs there and it's great fun. They must be leashed there - not everyone follows that - but they should. You could also take your dog to the trails at Poplar Grove Planatation not to far away on 17 near Ogden - dogs are at least tolerated off leash on those trails, maybe outright allowed.

I love Kure because I can find shark teeth there so I've been going to Kure more this summer, will probably continue after September with my dog (I think they are allowed starting in october)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina