U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,356,646 times

Advertisements

I have been to new bern a couple of times. it has good and bad areas. the town is nice, historic, and on the water. it's 48 miles to winterville, and 37 miles to jacksonville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaroon View Post
She is coming from Pittsburgh. I would love for her to stay in Winterville as everything i have heard sounds great. Problem is the boyfriend has to commute to Camp Lejeune and she wants the commute for both of them to be the same. I am really not looking for her to settle in Kinston but what is New Bern like? and how far of a commute would that be? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 13,805 times
Default Relocation to NC

Hi everyone, Thanks everyone for your input. Now my daughter has decided to live closer to her teaching job which is in Winterville NC. I have to start over looking for places in either Winterville or Greenville. We are on a time crunch so I really appreciate everyone's info. She has a dog so that is a consideration in looking for a place. Thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 08:47 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,402,526 times
deb, Winterville is pet friendly. Which school will she be teaching at?
Go online and check out our local newspaper dailyreflector.com, there are many rentals available. The Vineyard's are lovely condos right next door to the high school and very reasonably priced. Stay away from Sterling Point, a lot of vandalism.

Last edited by kelsie; 08-07-2008 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 AM

451 posts, read 1,688,294 times
May also want to check out Dudley's Grant which is off of Firetower (townhomes). For rentals, The Pointe at Wimbledon is pretty nice and is pet friendly.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 31,009 times
So what did she decide? Is she happy here?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 AM

12 posts, read 43,886 times
Hi Deb!

I recommend Vineyard Town Homes in Winterville for purchase or rent. I have a friend who is living at these and really likes it, but noise can be an issue sometimes.

I also recommend where I live, The Pointe at Wimbledon apartments. They are really nice and provide a safe environment close to Winterville and things to do.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina