Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 04:16 PM

80 posts, read 366,396 times

Advertisements

Perhaps this should go under the "The Triangle Area" groupings?

Per Wikipedia, this town's population was 78 in 2000. So I'll take it this is one very, very small town.

I'm looking at a job right outside of Como, seven miles away from Murfreesboro, NC. What can anyone tell me about the area? I would be coming from the Northwest mountain region of AR (Bentonville, Bella Vista, etc). What's the weather like? How far from the ocean? Are the town members open to new comers?

And most importantly, what should I expect? I have only visited NC one time, and that was Western (Asheville), several years ago.

Como is located relatively close to the VA stateline correct? How is the commute?

Also, does anyone have any information on any local colleges (Four-year and Community colleges)?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,490,461 times
I almost laughed when I read the word Como! That is one rural place for sure. I worked in neighboring Murfreesboro quite a few years ago and drove through Como quite a bit. First all, Como is quite economically depressed in a big way and quite frankly there is nothing there. Folks have to drive into Murfreesboro to do any and all their shopping. The only thing Como has is a post office and a tiny one at that. I would much rather consider moving to Murfreesboro as it is only about 7 miles away - I think. At any rate the area is very small and traffic is a non issue for the most part. And for the larger picture the whole area of Murfreesboro and neighboring Ahoskie are all quite economically depressed areas. I grew up in Ahoskie and moved away 12 years ago. I go back frequently to visit my family but as of now I can't see myself returning anytime soon. Best of luck on the job front!

Sorry, I forgot to answer your questions. Como is about 20 mins from the state line it seems. You wil have to forgive me but its been quite a few years since I have been in the area. Nearby Franklin Va is about 30 mins away and has a few more things to offer - Superwalmart, a bowling alley and maybe a theater. As far as colleges there is Chowan University located in nearby Murfreesboro. It is a small Baptist college but other than that I know little else about it. Other than this college I think there is a community college in Franklin and there is definitely one in Ahoskie or Union (crossroads) as they call it which is probably 30 mins south of Como.

Last edited by citydweller; 05-28-2007 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: add more info

Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,241 times
como is 1-3 mile from the va stateline

Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,261,093 times
I love that city name I keep thinking of the spanish word which is What? I hope you find information you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina