Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,617 times

Advertisements

I plan on going back to school. I gradutated High School in '07, and have been working full time since then. I really want to go somewhere close to the beach since I plan on going into Marine Biology. I probably won't move until sometime next year, but I want to go ahead and look at potential places to stay near/around Wilmington. At first I plan on going to Cape Fear community college to get most of my standard credits out of the way, and then transferring to UNC Wilmington. I've just recently gotten back from Wilmington, took a vacation to the beach[4.5 hour drive!]. I love it there. But I'm sure Wilmington, Like Raliegh and Charlotte is a very busy place all year round[or is it not?]. I plan on moving with my mother, brother[14] and sister[10]. Anyone know of any nice places to live? We don't have a great income, and with me going back to school it will be less than it is now. Somewhere close to both campus' would be nice..UNCW & Cape Fear CC.

Thanks in advance! I look foward to hearing any kind of answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
rents around here are pretty reasonable. I paid like $750 for a short term lease on a 2bdr, 2bth place. I suggest renting at a complex, rather than an individual. there are lots of complexes in central locations. wilmington is somewhat busy all year long, but during the summer it can get annoyingly busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasityx View Post
I plan on going back to school. I gradutated High School in '07, and have been working full time since then. I really want to go somewhere close to the beach since I plan on going into Marine Biology. I probably won't move until sometime next year, but I want to go ahead and look at potential places to stay near/around Wilmington. At first I plan on going to Cape Fear community college to get most of my standard credits out of the way, and then transferring to UNC Wilmington. I've just recently gotten back from Wilmington, took a vacation to the beach[4.5 hour drive!]. I love it there. But I'm sure Wilmington, Like Raliegh and Charlotte is a very busy place all year round[or is it not?]. I plan on moving with my mother, brother[14] and sister[10]. Anyone know of any nice places to live? We don't have a great income, and with me going back to school it will be less than it is now. Somewhere close to both campus' would be nice..UNCW & Cape Fear CC.

Thanks in advance! I look foward to hearing any kind of answers!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:47 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,339 times
You would have a lot to choose from here b/c the rental market is great.

A friend of mine lived in an apartment near New Center Drive for a few years and liked it. They were cheap and decent, nothing extravagent (and happen to be very close to UNCW and only a few miles to CFCC). I think the name of the complex is "Colonial Village" and they are on Hunt Club Rd. He was paying around $575 for a 2 bedroom.

There are also a LOT of apartment complexes near UNCW (on Racine Dr).

If you have any questions about the colleges let me know. For the most part I think you will find that the tuition is really cheap compared to other colleges in the state, especially if you are a NC resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina