U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM

2,356 posts, read 2,646,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
My husband and I will be relocating there in a few months...after being up here where it is so cold right now, I am looking forward to it as well. It doesn't hurt that we are both from the south. And all are family is down that way.

Btw, we are excited as well. Liz
well good luck with your move. i'm renting a place downtown, so that should be an interesting experience. there are things I'm definitely not looking forward to, but I believe that the positives will outweigh the negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 PM

5 posts, read 18,952 times
Default Wilmington Questions

I know you are a realtor and people say there are no decent paying jobs there. I am a displaced banker now working with Time Warner Cable and now earn $25K/yr., which is about 1/3 rd of what I made prior.

We have home equity and most likely will look to rent for a while to check out the area. We owned a vacation home in Myrtle Beach for close to 20 years and are somewhat familiar with the area. We drove by Wilmington enroute to N Myrtle Beach (now we have timeshare) last year and know about the new road thru Wilimington.

Can you still get a small home/villa with 2 bedrooms? Also, what's a normal condo/apt rental?

Thanks for your help.

Joe Baker

Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 PM

5 posts, read 18,952 times
Default Property and living in/around Wilmington

I saw a new home at $140K in a development in an ad saying it was in Holly Hill? Do you know the area and how far is it from Wilmington? I think I can get a job at Time Warner Cable.

Thanks again.

You can e-mail me at bojaker45@aol.com

Joe Baker
New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina