Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,981 times

Advertisements

I posted this information because of a thread I read by Nanseev asking “where is the info on Wilmington.” In fact this person in another posts welcomed Realtors comments.

Everyone is free to believe what they want, however I posted this to be helpful to the inquiring parties.
And yes if it sounds like a Chamber of Commerce ad,that is truly how I feel.
I Love this town, and love sharing it with others!
I wake up every morning and thank God for the privilege of being here.

It is unfortunate that some folks have a nature that is untrusting,critical and judgemental. I would hate to go through life that way. I am not going to defend my integrity here. The fact that I identified myself as a Realtor was to be up front with everyone. Where is the unscrupulousness in that?

Thankfully have enough clients who trust my honesty,helpfulness and good reputation than to make up some BS to gain business.

If this is how enthusiasm for my town, and the desemimation of helpful informatiom is treated on this site, I guess I will not be posting here anymore.

Last edited by Gin306; 01-30-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 04:11 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin306 View Post
It is unfortunate that some folks have a nature that is untrusting,critical and judgemental. I would hate to go through life that way.
You're right, I should trust the opinions of a random stranger who is trying to make money off me via the internet.

BTW, an "opinion" is different than a "fact", and that's the key here.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,630 times
Hey Gin. Thank you for stating that you are a real estate agent. I feel comfortable asking you some pointed questions for which you may have the answers but couldn't be candid if we were sitting in your office. For one, where is location, location, location for a "new"ish $400,000 - $600,000 4/3 with studio or detached garage with FROG for a music studio? If our Florida company decides to move to Wilmington, we'll become your new, happy neighbors. In the past we've lived in High Point and Greensboro and I'm SO hoping we will be returning to NC. Think high-end, but obviously, we can't afford total luxury. Need our own pool or one available for a small neighborhood only - not public. Prefer gated, but it's not #1 priority. Glad you are enjoying NC but I'm guessing that wherever you are you're a happy person. Thanks for your time if you care to answer my questions, and if you don't care to, it's OK and continued good luck and health to you.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:37 AM

197 posts, read 957,634 times
I'm not Gin, and I'm not a realtor
but I would suggest you look at Landfall in Wilmington.
It is gated, very much high end, but I think you still might
could get want you want in the 500-600k range.
Landfall is very close to Wrightsville Beach, some of its homes
are on the waterway.
Some people don't like all the restrictions there, and I've heard
HOA fees/dues are high; however,
it is a beautiful place and the few that I know (personally) love living there.
Go to a real estate website like www.intracoastalrealty.com and search
for subdivision Landfall. Be sure to put in your price restrictions
becuase upper end/waterfront there can go for up to 2-3million,
if not more.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 AM

9 posts, read 48,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I zipped through that post and missed the fact that it was a realtor,did not know that was allowed here,or this forum could be one big realtor advertisment.Thanks for pointing it out
This forum IS more or less a big realtor advertisement. Pay attention to how many posts are from realtors that invite others to PM them to "discuss things further". I'm going to start selling make-up and hairspray on here. I'll be rich!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 AM

120 posts, read 631,428 times
Default re

I used to live on the coast of NC, and I thought Wilmington was just okay, nothing that knocked my socks off though. Crime also seems to be a bit high for a city of its size, and a few years ago was rated with the second highest burglary rate in the country per capita. It all depends on what you like and living in a place is different than visiting (it seems to be a relatively popular place for East coast people to vacation). Just my opinion-the place is mediocre.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpene View Post
This forum IS more or less a big realtor advertisement. Pay attention to how many posts are from realtors that invite others to PM them to "discuss things further". I'm going to start selling make-up and hairspray on here. I'll be rich!
I really don't see that many. But you're right, the ones you see are easy to spot. They always say "Contact/PM me for info!". If they have information (i.e. facts), they should share it on the general forum. If they request a private discussion, it's much more likely that they are trying to sell you something.

I personally think that realtors do have a place on this forum. But this thread is a good example of how not to do things. It bothers me when someone delivers inaccurate information or an opinion that's influenced by the opportunity to make some money.

Anyway, I'm moving to Wilmington tomorrow, and I certainly don't think it's a paradise. I am excited, though.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:15 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
I certainly don't think it's a paradise. I am excited, though.
My husband and I will be relocating there in a few months...after being up here where it is so cold right now, I am looking forward to it as well. It doesn't hurt that we are both from the south. And all are family is down that way.

Btw, we are excited as well. Liz

Old 02-14-2007, 03:32 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
If Landfall is where I think it is (close to Mayfair), it is VERY expensive as indicated. Personally, I love Wilmington also, but not enough to live there full-time. My son, however, does love it AND lives there and is having a hard time finding something to own. (((sigh))) Poor kid.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin306 View Post
I posted this information because of a thread I read by Nanseev asking “where is the info on Wilmington.” In fact this person in another posts welcomed Realtors comments.

Everyone is free to believe what they want, however I posted this to be helpful to the inquiring parties.
And yes if it sounds like a Chamber of Commerce ad,that is truly how I feel.
I Love this town, and love sharing it with others!
I wake up every morning and thank God for the privilege of being here.

It is unfortunate that some folks have a nature that is untrusting,critical and judgemental. I would hate to go through life that way. I am not going to defend my integrity here. The fact that I identified myself as a Realtor was to be up front with everyone. Where is the unscrupulousness in that?

Thankfully have enough clients who trust my honesty,helpfulness and good reputation than to make up some BS to gain business.

If this is how enthusiasm for my town, and the desemimation of helpful informatiom is treated on this site, I guess I will not be posting here anymore.
I say ignore the negative people who find fault with everyone and everything. In fact, there's a saying that goes like this: "Don't argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

P.S. - I'm going to try to make it down to Wilmington at the end of March - if I spend one more winter here in NE OH, I might not make it. I am BEYOND sick of cold, snow, freezing weather, and gray skies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina