U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,132,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmesun View Post
We've always liked Lisa's Pizza in Rodanthe. They deliver, they're good, and not outrageously expensive.

Top Dog is always one of our family favorites. They got new owners a couple years ago, but their steamed shrimp with Old Bay goes great with a cold beverage!
We haven't tried the shrimp (yet) but we did try the bacon wrapped scallops (yum).

We'll need to try Lisa's. Thanks! Already looking forward to next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM

45 posts, read 137,767 times
Lisa's pizza is delicious.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
For all you Rodanthe fans . A movie just recently came out that was filmed there 2 years ago when I was visiting the area.
YouTube - Nights in Rodanthe

That house is about the first house you see heading south on 12 in Rodanthe.

It amazing they use camera photo shop and was able to make the home look like it was by itself when there another home in spitting distace from it

Old 09-28-2008, 12:45 PM

39 posts, read 208,682 times
Shortly after they were finished filming there, a storm blew through, and Serendipity (the house) was standing in water.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmesun View Post
Shortly after they were finished filming there, a storm blew through, and Serendipity (the house) was standing in water.
I can see that happening there isnt much land from the sound to the ocean at that location just high dunes

Old 09-28-2008, 01:37 PM

I like to keep an eye on that stretch of land by viewing the webcam at the Rodanthe S-curves. Yesterday, the area was full of surfers. Live from Hatteras Island
When the water breeches the dunes, NCDOT can keep an eye on the road.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 AM

36 posts, read 169,203 times
Default So how do you pronounce Rodanthe

The reviewers of the new movie based on Nicholas Spark's (he lives in New Bern) novel about Rodanthe pronounce it Rodanth-EE. I noticed in an interview on the New Bern Sun Journal's web site (Sun Journal), Mr. Sparks pronounces it Rodanth. So how do the locals pronounce it?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM

Ro-DAN-thee. It would figure that Mr. Sparks didn't get it right. It's about as realistic as the cover of the book with a rocky coast.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,169 times
Hi everyone, My gentlemen friend and I are planning on visiting Rodanthe this summer. Can you tell what month is best to visit (no Hurricanes please) and where to stay? I would love to stay in one of those beautiful homes on the beach. I am not sure if they allow a 2 night stay. Can anyone give me ideas. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 PM

It is unlikely that you will find a house rental for a 2 night stay. The realtors usually pay a cleaning crew $100+ to clean the house. However, if you're flexible and willing to wait to the last minute, you may find a bargain.

Our family always has to go in the summer. We love mid to late June. The ocean may still be cool if you go any earlier in the season. That's only important if you want to swim. Hurricane season starts in July, but the most hurricanes come in late August, Sept. and early Oct. (when the rates are discounted).

If fishing is important to you, mid-summer is NOT the time to go. As the ocean warms up, the surf fishing really slows down. If you go out on a charter boat, you will greatly improve your fishing odds.

People that go during the winter months enjoy different parts about the shore - sea shells, sea glass, lack of people, etc.

If you absolutely can only stay two nights, get an oceanfront hotel room like the Ramada Inn in Kill Devil Hills, then drive to Rodanthe. There's also a Comfort Inn in Buxton, or the very modest but comfortable Buxton Beach Motel. You'll be close to the beach, the lighthouse, and Ocracoke.

I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina