Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,533,307 times

Advertisements

I'm moving in a few weeks and have some things to get done.

What are my internet options there? I plan to get Direct TV so I have the tv part covered but will need to set up and appointment for installation.

I'm assuming I don't have a choice between gas, electric, and water as that will be based on who services the house already.

I will be in Pitt County off of Lt. Hardee Rd. Is there trash collection there? If not who do I call to schedule it? Also is there a yard waste pick up bin? What about recycling? When I walked through the house I only remember one trash bin but didn't take note of the name on it.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:49 AM

978 posts, read 2,053,708 times
Your utility provider for electric, gas, trash, and water will be city of Greenville, most likely. You can always give them a call and provide them with the address.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:33 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Lt Hardee is out in the county so the city of Greenville will not be providing you with any services. Your electric will be Greenville Utilities. Water will be provided by Eastern Pines Water Corporation. There are a number of waste disposal companies available. I use Sanitary Disposal and Recycling (Sanitary Disposal & Recycling, Inc. (SDR)). They're $37.50 per quarter and that includes recycling. Suddenlink provides cable and 103 meg Internet. Centurylink provides telephone and 10 meg Internet.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 PM

Thank you. Called and got everything rolling today. Well except the Water. They said I have to come in person. Maybe I should have stressed that I don't live there right now but no biggy. They said they can do same day service.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Thank you. Called and got everything rolling today. Well except the Water. They said I have to come in person. Maybe I should have stressed that I don't live there right now but no biggy. They said they can do same day service.
It's best to be there in person (at least visit the house hours before turning on utilities). A few years ago there was an apartment fire when someone had left a box on an electric stove (the knob was on) in an empty apartment. GUC flipped the switch, drove off unaware, and well, you know the rest...

Never can tell when somebody will leave switches and knobs on or faucet levers up. Could be a repairman, little kid, or someone oblivious to what they're doing.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It's best to be there in person (at least visit the house hours before turning on utilities). A few years ago there was an apartment fire when someone had left a box on an electric stove (the knob was on) in an empty apartment. GUC flipped the switch, drove off unaware, and well, you know the rest...

Never can tell when somebody will leave switches and knobs on or faucet levers up. Could be a repairman, little kid, or someone oblivious to what they're doing.
Good advice. Thanks.

I know I have to be there for the gas turn on. In reality, I think they are just coming to take meter readings. Nothing will actually be turned on just transferred to my name.

I did check with Suddenlink last night to schedule internet (my TV will be Direct TV) and wanted to make sure that people there don't have TWC roadrunner or is the speeds that Suddenlink has similar to Roadrunner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: