U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 AM

11 posts, read 26,877 times

Advertisements

Hi all
My wife and I want to move to NC some where close to Wilmington *like within 40 miles* any suggestions. Facts of what we want.
1. Our daughter lives in Wilmington but she wants us to buy a house that we really can't afford. Our daughter DOES want us to move there, surprising LOL
2. I am 100% disabled veteran and my husband is disabled, too.
3. I want to live in a nice quite and safe neighborhood.
4. I need to be somewhat near a Veterans Administrative Hospital or outpatient clinic.
5. What are the pros and cons of a subdivision? We have actually never really heard of a subdivisions which doesn't make us hicks. LOL
Thanks in advance for the read and I hope someone has the time to help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,360,577 times
dreamstar72,
My heart skipped a beat after reading your post. I own a real estate agency in Morehead City-Well out of the area in which you are looking to purchase. So I can not help you with your property search in the Wilmington area.

But I just had to respond and at least say thank you for your service to our country. It means the world to me as it does for most Americans. Thank You!!! If I can help in anyway please let me know.

I can answer your subdivision question. Subdivisions are communties that have been legally established. A subdivision will have its own set of rules which are usually refered to as, "restrictive covenants".
The subdivision will elect its own officers to oversee, enforce, change, add, amend those rules.

The intent of the restritive covenants is to maintain the integrity of the community (subdivision) for which it was written.

Some subdivisions have very strict rules that are strictly enforced. Some quite the opposite.
All restrictive covenants are recorded in the deeds office and are avilable to the public. I always get a copy of them before any of our buyer clients make an offer.

I would highly encourage you to contract a Buyer's Broker for your property search. They will be legally obligated to put your interest first, offer expertise, knowledge and insight to the area and the buying process, and on average save the buyer more money than the unrepresented buyer.
Take Care & God Bless You,
Bill

Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM

713 posts, read 3,474,668 times
Smile Some VA info

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstar72 View Post
Hi all
My wife and I want to move to NC some where close to Wilmington *like within 40 miles* any suggestions. Facts of what we want.
1. Our daughter lives in Wilmington but she wants us to buy a house that we really can't afford. Our daughter DOES want us to move there, surprising LOL
4. I need to be somewhat near a Veterans Administrative Hospital or outpatient clinic.
5. What are the pros and cons of a subdivision? We have actually never really heard of a subdivisions which doesn't make us hicks. LOL
Jacksonville is 53 miles from the heart of Wilmington. Just on the other side of Jacksonville route 24 runs down to Swansboro. It's a very military friendly area and the prices are generally very reasonable.

There are plenty of one level homes and even a few accessible ones. There are plenty of quiet safe neighborhoods.

Good luck finding something. I wish I knew the communities better between Wilmington and Jacksonville so I could suggest something for you. It is just out of my area of expertise.

Here is a list of VA facilities in NC (http://vfwwebcom.org/nc/VAHospitals - broken link).

Quote:
VA Medical Center
Asheville: Asheville VA Medical Center
Durham: Durham VA Medical Center
Fayetteville: Fayetteville VA Medical Center
Salisbury: Salisbury - W.G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center

Outpatient Clinic
Charlotte: Charlotte Clinic
Winston-Salem: Winston-Salem Satellite Outpatient Clinic

Community Based Outpatient Clinic
Durham: Durham Clinic
Greenville: Greenville Clinic
Jacksonville: Jacksonville CBOC
Morehead City: Morehead City Clinic
Raleigh: Raleigh Clinic
Wilmington: Wilmington CBOC

Vet Center
Charlotte: Charlotte Vet Center
Fayetteville: Fayetteville Vet Center
Greensboro: Greensboro Vet Center
Greenville: Greenville, NC Vet Center
Raleigh: Raleigh Vet Center

Last edited by dsobotta; 08-28-2008 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Extraneous text removed from quote

Old 08-29-2008, 06:56 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobotta View Post
Jacksonville is 53 miles from the heart of Wilmington. Just on the other side of Jacksonville route 24 runs down to Swansboro. It's a very military friendly area and the prices are generally very reasonable.

There are plenty of one level homes and even a few accessible ones. There are plenty of quiet safe neighborhoods.

Good luck finding something. I wish I knew the communities better between Wilmington and Jacksonville so I could suggest something for you. It is just out of my area of expertise.

Here is a list of VA facilities in NC (http://vfwwebcom.org/nc/VAHospitals - broken link).

Old 08-31-2008, 09:35 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help

Old 09-10-2008, 10:01 PM

218 posts, read 428,406 times
Default va

I think the closest VA is in Fayetteville which is about 100 miles away. There was talk about them opening up a small satilite sation some where near the hospital. Wilminton is beautiful but if you want a nice family quiet neighborhood look in Hampstead. Less traffic 10 from a quiet beach (Surf City) 20 minutes from Camo LeJune Base. good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstar72 View Post
Hi all

Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM

5 posts, read 20,279 times
Default Onslow County

Hubert between Swansboro and Jacksonville is a wonderful area. I am a real estate agent and in this area and would be happy to furnish you with information on real estate as well as on the area. Visit my website for more information o.r you may email me

Last edited by cynthiayt; 09-16-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: I forgot to add email link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina