U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 AM

700 posts, read 2,944,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicah View Post
Actually, there are several women employed by the church that are responsible for many different areas, one is in charge of all volunteers for all areas of the church and works at the church full-time. I think you may be mis-informed and you sound like you may have a little resentment towards the pastor for some reason. And so what if he has a Baptist background? That is neither here nor there. I'll be praying for your bitterness and resentment to wash away and be replaced by much more fulfilling and edifying thoughts.
Yes,I totally agree. All churches have some kind of root background and it makes no difference whatsoever. The main goal is what Port City Community is all about and that is reaching people and helping them walk with God. We are called to Him,not some denomination,religion or person. I will be praying for you as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 03:15 AM

6 posts, read 14,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmheath View Post
Amber I would like to add that there are women on staff at PC3 of child bearing age. The reason that small groups are seperated into men/women/married couples is that men and women deal with different issues that are gender appropriate. I lead a mens group at pc3 and some of the men deal with issues that would be very inappriopriate to talk about in front of women.

Amber I ask you to please go and actually speak to Mike or one of the other pastors about your feelings since you are so vocal online about it instead of just trusting what one friend told you. A lot of what you have said in your posts is just simply not true and I've been going there for 7 years.

Is it a perfect church? No. Are there things I would do differently? Of course. Is there such thing as a perfect church? Nope.
Why don't they split into age groups instead. What are some man issues that would be so inappropriate that a women could not hear? I do understand generational cohorts of what others feel are appropriate, or not, to say in front of others. Age cohorts have significantly more impact on a persons life, than gender differences. I'm sure most 20-30 year old married couples would rather be mixed with their single friends and study together, than with older couples. Since co-ed was not listed I do not know if it is a choice, but I hope it is.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:09 PM

120 posts, read 201,390 times
We love Calvary Chapel Wilmington on Carolina Beach Rd. (near the Shipyard intersection).

Old 07-09-2010, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,685 times
They do have small groups for pretty much every age group and there are some groups that mix single and married. They also have groups for marrieds with kids, without kids, pretty much anything you can think of!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,995 times
I am looking for a good non denominational church. I have attended PC3 for a while but I am looking for something a little more. It is good but Im looking for deeper pastor. Can anyone suggest a charasmatic, spirit filled, on fire, and a excellent pastor for a non denominational church? I have found a few online looking around that I might try, anyone tried these?
1. Life Community Church
2. Covenant Church
3. Rock Church
4. Miracle Rock Ministries
5. Church on the Cape

Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,995 times
Default Lookin 4a good Non denominational church w/ annointd pastor

The Lord says in His Word that women are to be submissive to their husbands. I know that if it was wrong for women to be in the pulpit I would not have been saved out of a sinful lifestyle I was living and grown as much as I have if it wasnt for God using Joyce Meyer to do a mighty work in my life. Through God using Joyce as a vessel I was delivered from alot of bad stuff in the secular world never to return, all desires died the day I cried out to God to get me out of that lifestyle in 2000. I am on a Mission to find an on fire non denominational church that stands out above the rest with an annointed pastor. I have been to PC3 and its good but Im looking for more. I'll know when I find it. Open to suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Jones View Post
Port City Community Church in Wilmington, N.C. being billed as "contemporary, non-denominational" is deceptive. The beliefs of Pastor Mike Ashcraft regarding women are fundamental Southern Baptist! Women are not permitted to lead Starting Point Bible groups if men are in the group(women aren't suppose to teach men - they would be a distraction); the "surfer" pastor firmly believes that men are intended to be "the authority" in the marital relationship; he won't hire women in the childbearing age in any "responsible professional" position. His interpretation of the Scriptures on this topic are grossly flawed because he does not read them within the context (when, where, why?) that they were written. If the kind of marital relationship in which the man is to rule over woman is the result of sin (Adam & Eve) and not divinely ordered as in God's original Creation ideal, then why is this authority-intensive model commended rather than denounced by the good Pastor? To prescribe this kind of marital relationship is to live as if Christ brought nothing new to human relationships - which in fact He did! See: [url="http://portcitychurch.blogspot.com"]Spiritual Journeys. Perhaps if it was called Port City Baptist Church, there would not be 6,000 members! That's thinking outside the box, folks!

The Public has a right to know how a church views fundamental human rights -but you won't find these on the PC3 website! In His ministry on earth, Jesus repeatedly promulgated social equality & specified the same for His church before His ascension. Know how much domestic violence is predicated on the "rulership principle?" Wake up ladies and gentlemen - your salvation may depend on it.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM

700 posts, read 2,944,329 times
I attended The Rock and Church On The Cape before settling down at Port City. Based on what you're saying,I think The Rock is more what you're looking for. Try them all for while and then decide. That's what I did when we moved here over seven years ago. It takes a long time to find the best fit for you.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 598 times
We like the contemporary service at this church. People are friendly. Bands are good but the mix favors loud instrumentation which often drowns out the singing. Sermons are good but exceed the average persons' attention span...people often seen texting on their cell phones in the middle (of the sermons).

Old 05-31-2015, 08:23 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,821,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdaven44 View Post
We like the contemporary service at this church. People are friendly. Bands are good but the mix favors loud instrumentation which often drowns out the singing. Sermons are good but exceed the average persons' attention span...people often seen texting on their cell phones in the middle (of the sermons).
Does "this church" have a name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina