U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 PM

103 posts, read 459,762 times

Advertisements

Hi - I'm looking for a non denominational church in Wilmington that has a good active group for the college age set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM

700 posts, read 2,941,605 times
Port city community church has a huge college age set and wonderful activities and programs. Look up their website......Port City Community Church | Wilmington, NC
another wonderful option is the three services on sunday-8:30,10:30 and 12:30.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 21,852 times
Castle hayne has a church called the rock. I don't know anything about it except that it is non-denominational.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM

700 posts, read 2,941,605 times
I attended "The Rock" for awhile. Actually,I think I've attended most all of the non-denominational churches around here since moving to Wilmington. "The Rock" is good,but not as good as "Port City Community"........especially for college age. My second choice as far as an overall good non-denominational church would be "Church On The Cape" in the Monkey Junction area. I went there for quite awhile and it was a good fit for me,but too far from my home. When gas prices went up so bad,I started looking closer to home. My first choice is still Port City Community so far.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 21,031 times
Smile Non Denominational Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by icupicn View Post
Hi - I'm looking for a non denominational church in Wilmington that has a good active group for the college age set.
In my opinion, and because my children ages 24 and 21 go to this church and love it. Port City Community Church has something for everybody. It has different things going on each night of the week. Contemporary!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 PM

4 posts, read 15,512 times
Port City Community is awesome. Lifepoint is another good option.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 21,031 times
Thumbs up Non denominational Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by icupicn View Post
Hi.....your best bet is Port City Community Church.......It has it all. 3 services on Sunday and you go dressed anyway you like. Live bands and music. Awesome church!! Pastor is Mike ********. He always wears his jeans and a t-shirt with rainbows to all services. lol. My 24 yr old daughter and 21 yr old son loveeeeeeeee it.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 10,331 times
I noticed that most everyone on here mentions PC3 as non denominational. Interestingly, it has Baptist church roots that have become more "open" and inviting, thus the "community" church title it has adopted. Way to go for them for thinking outside the "label" box. Thankfully, there will be a non-denominational heaven, rather than rooms for each denomination. :-)

Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 PM

24 posts, read 112,067 times
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Wilmington

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM

8 posts, read 37,620 times
Exclamation Port City Community Church - Views Regarding Women

Port City Community Church in Wilmington, N.C. being billed as "contemporary, non-denominational" is deceptive. The beliefs of Pastor Mike Ashcraft regarding women are fundamental Southern Baptist! Women are not permitted to lead Starting Point Bible groups if men are in the group(women aren't suppose to teach men - they would be a distraction); the "surfer" pastor firmly believes that men are intended to be "the authority" in the marital relationship; he won't hire women in the childbearing age in any "responsible professional" position. His interpretation of the Scriptures on this topic are grossly flawed because he does not read them within the context (when, where, why?) that they were written. If the kind of marital relationship in which the man is to rule over woman is the result of sin (Adam & Eve) and not divinely ordered as in God's original Creation ideal, then why is this authority-intensive model commended rather than denounced by the good Pastor? To prescribe this kind of marital relationship is to live as if Christ brought nothing new to human relationships - which in fact He did! See: [url="http://portcitychurch.blogspot.com"]Spiritual Journeys. Perhaps if it was called Port City Baptist Church, there would not be 6,000 members! That's thinking outside the box, folks!

The Public has a right to know how a church views fundamental human rights -but you won't find these on the PC3 website! In His ministry on earth, Jesus repeatedly promulgated social equality & specified the same for His church before His ascension. Know how much domestic violence is predicated on the "rulership principle?" Wake up ladies and gentlemen - your salvation may depend on it.

Last edited by Amber Jones; 04-02-2009 at 03:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina