Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM

9 posts, read 34,691 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm new to Wilmington from the northeast and was wondering if anyone knew where to go to watch NFL football games on Sundays (family-friendly) in the area? My apartment can't get DIRECTV, so I won't be able to get the games at home and will have to go out to watch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
wilson's, the wild wing cafe, buffalo wild wings, and a bunch of other places. you might like wilson's. they have an arcade area for kids. I have only gone there while babysitting, so I don't know how many games they get. I know that the wild wing cafe in mayfaire is usually packed with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYoung81 View Post
Hello! I'm new to Wilmington from the northeast and was wondering if anyone knew where to go to watch NFL football games on Sundays (family-friendly) in the area? My apartment can't get DIRECTV, so I won't be able to get the games at home and will have to go out to watch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:51 PM

Thank you for those suggestions - I will check them out! Wild Wing Cafe is near me, though I haven't been there yet. If you don't mind me asking, what is Wilson's (restaurant? bar?) and where is it located? Thanks so much for your input - I need to find a place by Sunday!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:16 PM

wilson's is actually kind of everything. like I said, they have the arcade section for the kids, they have a restaurant, they have an outdoor tiki bar, and they have an indoor sports bar. I have only been there once and didn't eat or drink, just played some skeeball. they have a website though. they are located right near the wal mart on market st. might not be a bad place to check out, because buffalo wild wings is right there as well. if one sucks, you can go to another. the only concern with wild wing cafe is that it's usually super crowded. who is the team you root for? not too many locals here, so if you have a team you like, you can bet there is a place that caters to them. here is wilson's website. Wilsons Restaurant - Wilmington, NC (http://www.wilsonsrestaurant.com/home.htm - broken link)

Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM

Wow, thank you, this is great! I checked out the website and I will call to see if they show all NFL games. I am a long-time Giants fan and hope to catch some this season down here when I can't get back north for the games. Thanks again!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 AM

30 posts, read 101,806 times
Fox and Hound in mayfaire has plenty of big screens. And they had Sunday ticket!!!!!! Went to Hell's Kitchen(downtown) a lot last year for games. I was going through the same dilemma this time last year.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Fox and Hound is close to me as well! Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM

good call on fox and hound. I have been there a few times to watch college games.

Quote:
Thank you for those suggestions - I will check them out! Wild Wing Cafe is near me, though I haven't been there yet. If you don't mind me asking, what is Wilson's (restaurant? bar?) and where is it located? Thanks so much for your input - I need to find a place by Sunday!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM

218 posts, read 468,474 times
Default welcome to WILLMIWOOD

WELCOME TO WILMINGTON, TO WATCH any sports venue BREAKTIME (By the over pass, behind PURE GOLD) is a must. It has 20 pool tables I can't remember how many TVs but belive me enough. It has a bowling alley on the end a restauran which serves fantasic food until 12am. The people are friendly, I haven't been in a while but it has always been my favorite place. They have a steeler's fan club so if your are not a Steeler's fan don't go when the Steelers play.(just kidding) The there is Wilsons (by Walmart) it has all the video games for kids and bigger kids (MOMS & DADS). It has packages where you can eat and play games fpr a certain price. Wilsons is more kid friendly. ENJOY>>

Quote:

Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 PM

61 posts, read 293,599 times
World of Wings at Mairfaire has closed, but as mentioned Wild Wing Cafe is still open. Buffal oWild Wings also has all the games, but was a real zoo last Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina