Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 PM

11 posts, read 79,389 times

Advertisements

My husband got a job offer to work on Emerald Isle. We have several small children and want to keep our costs low. Is there anywhere within an hour's drive where we can get a newer house for about $200K with a reasonable crime rate? Schools are of no influence because we homeschool all of our kids. We are from the DC area so even an hour's drive would be a shorter commute to him!

Thank you for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 05:52 AM

713 posts, read 3,928,056 times
Smile Yes, you should find homes within a few miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishbein View Post
My husband got a job offer to work on Emerald Isle. We have several small children and want to keep our costs low. Is there anywhere within an hour's drive where we can get a newer house for about $200K with a reasonable crime rate? Schools are of no influence because we homeschool all of our kids. We are from the DC area so even an hour's drive would be a shorter commute to him!

Thank you for any advice!
There are new homes within seven or eight miles of Emerald Isle available for under $200K. You can expect to get about 1600 square ft, 3 bedrooms and two baths.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 AM

713 posts, read 3,928,056 times
Smile A map to help orient you

Here's a map to show you the area. You can also read about why I love living in the area at my blog, Roanoke with some sea salt.

If you zoom down a few times on the map and click on Coldwater Creek, you'll see the area where the homes that I mentioned are located.

You can get a pretty good idea of the area by checking out the City-Data profile on Cape Carteret.

Crime is very low in the area.

Last edited by dsobotta; 09-17-2008 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: Link went strange

Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM

11 posts, read 79,389 times
Thank you!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 AM

222 posts, read 936,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishbein View Post
My husband got a job offer to work on Emerald Isle.
Oh Wow!! How lucky can you get!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina