U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 12:27 PM

1,676 posts, read 5,360,577 times

Advertisements

Looks like the Navy with their Sonar Testing will be heading south to Florida!

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...or_sonar_range
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
YES

Why does the navy keep picking on NC? first they tried to destroy 30,000 environmental land with OLF but they didnt win thankfully In an ongoing battle with the U.S. Navy and politicians in neighboring Virginia, a group of North Carolina farmers have been successful in defending 30,000 acres of prime farmland

Now this . I know the objective since the Navy has the port at Norfolk is why they keep seeking out NC being across the border but....urrgh

I read about the sonar in Welcome to N.C. Coastal Federation — nccoast.org and wasnt pleased but
Thank you for the ray of sunshine.

Not only the whales would be affected but I am sure the dolphin and shark population would as well there is already a decrease number of sharks in the earth waters and I would guess it to the number of submarines.

Thanks for posting this have a splendid day.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,386 times
can they send us some x-ray glasses so i can see through some of these holes clothes

Old 10-10-2008, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times
Just a quick reply to the SONAR debate. Medium to high frequency SONAR does little to impact the fish and marine mammal population. The navy does implement certain things to mitigate any possible damage to the populations.
The area off North Carolina resembles the bottom contour and water conditions of several areas of the world the navy feels the fleet needs to train for. The navy needs to practice to hone the skills of the sailors. Just as a sports team needs to practice for a big game. However, the stakes are much higher, like the freedom we enjoy each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina