U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 AM

76 posts, read 155,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesweck View Post
Anyone have any info on Arlingtin Place in Minnesott Beach? Thinking of moving there. Get me OUT of Boston!
I drove through Arlington Place about a year ago and the were only a couple of homes built at time.I'm sure it will be a nice subdivision,once developed.

Minnesott Beach is nice,I absolutely loved it.Check out Oriental too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:31 PM

5,747 posts, read 5,526,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
Just came back yesterday night from pamlico county. It looked like it must have rained for a week straight because I was walking my timberland and the water was ankle deep in spots. Never seen it so wet but I normally am there in the summer. Ate at Charlies saturday night for a great meal as usual. Looks like a quarter of the county is for sale. I for one am glad the building boom slowed down to a trickle because the remote feel is the reason I invested in the area. Seems to be a distinct division between the locals and the newcomers. If you like bugs, snakes and wildlife pamlico county is paradise.
Tell me about the bugs, snakes and wildlife. Do bugs/snakes get into the homes? And it is brutally humid in the summer, usually a cool breeze, or ?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,491,328 times
Right on the water you have a breeze, Carolina Summers are humid overall, but it's much more bearable onthe coast than further inland. You have to protect against waterbugs getting in your home and mice getting into your in the winter. Snakes you'll see. Wildlife is not a real issue unless you have an irrational fear of it, but you'll see it. Everythiing from gators, to deer, to bears. Bugs are typically pretty bad, bud not as bad last year i noticed, probably due to the unusually cold winter. Screened porches are quite a plus. As well as citronella candles.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM

227 posts, read 657,058 times
If a mouse can get in your house a snake can and will. They are usually following the rodents. The insects are the worst in the woods which is usually where I am. Between the chiggers, skeeters, and ticks it can get very intense in the summer and fall. The summers are very humid and hot due to all the water in the area that lays around. I saw a beautiful canebrake rattlesnake last summer on straight road that had to be 5 foot long right on the edge of the road getting ready to cross to the other side. Wanted to take pictures but had 20 minutes to catch the ferry at minnesott beach. I would tend to think that something that big would have a little trouble getting in through a mouse hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Tell me about the bugs, snakes and wildlife. Do bugs/snakes get into the homes? And it is brutally humid in the summer, usually a cool breeze, or ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina