U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM

595 posts, read 1,702,170 times

Advertisements

We spent 5 days in Myrtle Beach with children ages 4 and 7 during this Thanksgiving holiday time and had a great time! We stayed at the Island Vista and it was perfect with a huge indoor swimming area for the kids and we walked right out on the beach. This hotel has condos that are 1 - 4 bedrooms and the condos are very spacious, clean, and unbelieveably quiet!!! There is a bunch for kids to do there and we enjoyed every minute!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 AM

3,155 posts, read 9,788,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
or you could rent a place at Ocean Isle or Sunset beach and be within an easy drive of Myrtle Beach. This is what we did when I was little. My dad says now that it saved him from having to do something in Myrtle Beach daily. I think kids need to learn to simply enjoy the beach without having to be entertained. My kids love to spend all day on the beach most everyday of the entire summer. Good luck.
Great idea!! My kids love the beach for the beach. In the evening they love getting out the flash lights and going out to look for ghost crabs or just reflecting the light off the water. As kids we dug for the phospherence sand fiddler crabs. Seeing them glow is a found childhood memory. They are harder to find now, but are still there. In the evening we break out the board games or craft activities, like making necklaces out of the shells they find. Or a night walk on a pier is fun too. The beach is such a great place to just be a kid. I cherish that for my children.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 AM

129 posts, read 305,870 times
I agree. Kids need to learn to appreciate the simpler things in life, like we did. They don't need to be constantly entertained. They think they do, and you may think they do, but later in life, those simpler vacations where you all dug in the sand together and played board games in the evenings might be some of their fondest memories of family.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 AM

1,190 posts, read 3,642,921 times
Default reply

cooke realty on Ocean Isle is the best place to rent a house from IMO. www.cookerealty.com. They have a great selection to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina