Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 07:13 AM

64 posts, read 281,187 times

Advertisements

My family and I are searching for a nice place to vacation this summer. We were considering Bald Head Island but the homes are pricey and on top of that you have to pay a Ferry fee every time you wanted to go off the island.

Another place that looks interesting is Carolina Beach. Is this a nice place to visit? Looks like there are lots of family activities. What is the Boardwalk like?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM

424 posts, read 1,288,659 times
The Boardwalk area is still undergoing alot of rennovations. It's kinda been haulted a bit due to the economic slow down. It eventually is going to have a aquarium pier attached to it according to their plans. Many people bring families down here for vacation. Every Thursday night during season they have fireworks on the beach in front of the boardwalk and movies on the lake just down the street, kinda like a drive in but free and just for people to walk up and enjoy.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 AM

So it is more of a family friendly atmosphere rather than a crazy party atmosphere? Do the beaches get very crowded?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 PM

214 posts, read 820,519 times
Default Carolina beach is family friendly beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelf View Post
So it is more of a family friendly atmosphere rather than a crazy party atmosphere? Do the beaches get very crowded?
Our beaches at Carolina Beach and for the most part in SE North Carolina, mainly Brunswick County, and parts of New Hanover county are expansive and wide, unlike those in DE or NJ. I do not know the reason we have suffered less beach erosion here, it may have something to do with our beaches facing south, or the currents. Maybe someone else on this forum can explain this. I have heard some areas are more affected than others, but nothing like what I have seen up North. So to answer your question, there is plenty of room on the Beach at Carolina Beach.

Carolina Beach offers a variety of things to do for "all" members of the family. I would not consider it a party town in the least, unlike Dewey Beach in DE which has attracted over the years the partiers from DC area. Nothing wrong with that, DC is a party town, and Dewey Beach is their summer "sand box".
The thing I like most about Carolina Beach is it is laid back, there are bars and such to go to, however, they are not intrusive on those who just wish to enjoy the beach and have tranquil days.
Hope this helps, and do plan to come for a visit, so you can experience it yourself.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Do people drive their cars on the beaches?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:51 AM

116 posts, read 531,930 times
There are two beaches on the island where you can drive your 4x4 vehicle.

Here are some pics from last weekend at the south end beach (Fort Fisher):
Carolina Beach Today: An Afternoon at the Fort Fisher State Recreation Area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina