U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Location: 708 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville, North Carolina, 28540
1 posts, read 2,901 times

Advertisements

We live in Sneads Ferry and enjoy the community a lot. It is a bit of a "sleepy town" but, the people there have been VERY good to us and the smaller schools have made it easier to keep up with the kids and interactions. Yes, real shopping primarily is done in either Jacksonville (where Sea Witch Antiques [url=http://seawitchantiques.com]Sea Witch Antiques and Collectibles[/url] is located) or in Wilmington. In all fairness, I have quite a bit of family in the area. You might want to check out the [url=http://jacksonvillencfurniture.com/relocation]Relocation[/url] page for realtor links. These people have been quite knowledgeable about the area, prices, etc. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM

12 posts, read 36,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Witch Antiques View Post
We live in Sneads Ferry and enjoy the community a lot. It is a bit of a "sleepy town" but, the people there have been VERY good to us and the smaller schools have made it easier to keep up with the kids and interactions. Yes, real shopping primarily is done in either Jacksonville (where Sea Witch Antiques Sea Witch Antiques and Collectibles is located) or in Wilmington. In all fairness, I have quite a bit of family in the area. You might want to check out the Relocation page for realtor links. These people have been quite knowledgeable about the area, prices, etc. Best of luck!
Mahalo (Thank you) for the imput we are very excited about the move can't wait to get there!
Aloha,
Darcy

Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM

18 posts, read 87,805 times
Default New Communities in Sneads Ferry

Darcy,
Found your post and saw that you were asking about info on new communities in the area. I've just started working for a developer in the area and I've done a fair amount of research on new communities maybe this will help.

Mimosa Bay
Welcome to Mimosa Bay

Waterfront community, not a whole lot of finished housing completed. House and land packages will be well north of $300k for the most part and you are probably looking at building as there is not much available in terms of finished houses.

The Landing at Mill Creek(who I'm working for)
http//:Cape Fear Sotheby's International Realty, Inc. - HOME

Finished houses ranging from 2000 to 2400 sq. ft., masterplanned community with planned clubhouse, pool, tennis and walking trails. Homes range from $240k to $290k. Completed homes are currently available so you wouldn't have to wait to build.

The Neighborhoods of Holly Ridge
Holly Ridge North Carolina Homes For Sale, Lots For Sale in NC, Holly Ridge Real Estate, NC Custom Homes, Surf City NC, Topsail Island

Lots of new construction and home pricing ranging from 150k to 260k. Nice development and certainly has available housing to move into, Holly ridge is a little further away from base and the beach than Sneads Ferry but slightly closer to Wilmington.

Turtle Creek
Located in Holly Ridge, very similar to The Neighborhoods of Holly Ridge only it's a smaller development.

Hope that helps, if you ever have questions about the area feel free to contact me anytime.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 AM

12 posts, read 30,134 times
I say that no matter where you move to you will be happy if you keep a positive attitude. Where you are and what you like to do is up to you. We ourselves looked at property in the area and found it a little too steep for us, so we went a little further off the coast and what a difference in price. But that's us, not for everybody. I would recommend you do a lot of research on the internet, get in touch with the chamber of commerce and have them send you any and all available information. They will be able to tell you about any future plans, talk with via email if necessary the planning commission, they are the ones who will certainly know best. Like I said before, positive attitude is the best answer and you will be happy no matter where you are. There is not a place on the universe that is crime free, or absolutely perfect, but with the positive thoughts and actions, then any place can and will be perfect.

Good luck and welcome to the South.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 PM

255 posts, read 478,518 times
We just moved from Swansboro because of a PCS move (Marines). Loved it there. The community is just amazing and it isn't as "country". I can't wait until we can move back. Sneads Ferry isn't horrible, but we also preferred the Swansboro schools to the ones on the other side of the base.
It all comes down to personal preference, really.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infonc View Post
I say that no matter where you move to you will be happy if you keep a positive attitude. Where you are and what you like to do is up to you. We ourselves looked at property in the area and found it a little too steep for us, so we went a little further off the coast and what a difference in price. But that's us, not for everybody. I would recommend you do a lot of research on the internet, get in touch with the chamber of commerce and have them send you any and all available information. They will be able to tell you about any future plans, talk with via email if necessary the planning commission, they are the ones who will certainly know best. Like I said before, positive attitude is the best answer and you will be happy no matter where you are. There is not a place on the universe that is crime free, or absolutely perfect, but with the positive thoughts and actions, then any place can and will be perfect.

Good luck and welcome to the South.
Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for the comment..I can't wait to get there and start our new adventure!

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb24 View Post
We just moved from Swansboro because of a PCS move (Marines). Loved it there. The community is just amazing and it isn't as "country". I can't wait until we can move back. Sneads Ferry isn't horrible, but we also preferred the Swansboro schools to the ones on the other side of the base.
It all comes down to personal preference, really.

What school did your child attend and why didn't you like the schools?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgruner View Post
Darcy,
Found your post and saw that you were asking about info on new communities in the area. I've just started working for a developer in the area and I've done a fair amount of research on new communities maybe this will help.

Mimosa Bay
Welcome to Mimosa Bay

Waterfront community, not a whole lot of finished housing completed. House and land packages will be well north of $300k for the most part and you are probably looking at building as there is not much available in terms of finished houses.

The Landing at Mill Creek(who I'm working for)
http//:Cape Fear Sotheby's International Realty, Inc. - HOME

Finished houses ranging from 2000 to 2400 sq. ft., masterplanned community with planned clubhouse, pool, tennis and walking trails. Homes range from $240k to $290k. Completed homes are currently available so you wouldn't have to wait to build.

The Neighborhoods of Holly Ridge
Holly Ridge North Carolina Homes For Sale, Lots For Sale in NC, Holly Ridge Real Estate, NC Custom Homes, Surf City NC, Topsail Island

Lots of new construction and home pricing ranging from 150k to 260k. Nice development and certainly has available housing to move into, Holly ridge is a little further away from base and the beach than Sneads Ferry but slightly closer to Wilmington.

Turtle Creek
Located in Holly Ridge, very similar to The Neighborhoods of Holly Ridge only it's a smaller development.

Hope that helps, if you ever have questions about the area feel free to contact me anytime.

Mahalo for the info and I will keep researching...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 AM

232 posts, read 690,810 times
You might want to ask a realtor and/or some of the current residents about the noise levels coming from the Camp Lejeune area. They do a lot of live fire exercises there and the sounds can travel a goodly distance. I live several miles north of Lejeune and occasionally hear some muted "thumps", hardly worth mentioning. Couldn't really say what it's like in Sneads Ferry, which is a lot closer than where I am. Perhaps someone living in that area could chime in on the subject.

Last edited by Sleestak; 03-01-2009 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,563 times
Hello Segobiaohana,
I am originally from the coastal NC area. I am currently living in Okinawa and will be relocating to Jacksonville in July 09. I too have considered Sneads Ferry/North Topsail Beach for their sleepy, beach community. And the fact that it's a short drive to Wilmington is convincing enough. Wilmington is beautiful and has a cute historical downtown. It reminds me of a smaller version of Charleston, SC.

Another relocation option to consider is Cape Carteret. This area takes you to what's known as the Crystal Coast ([url=http://www.crystalcoastnc.org/]Crystal Coast NC | Emerald Isle NC | Outer Banks[/url]), which is just a different region of the NC coastline. Cape Carteret is a small community too. There are nice homes overlooking the ICW (Intercoastal Waterway). There are grocery & home improvement stores nearby. Cape Carteret is also very close to Emerald Isle. Emerald Isle is a fun location during the summer. It has the beach, unique shops, restaurants, a movie theater, surf/beach shops.

I grew up in and around the Crystal Coast and can provide more information on this area than I can the Wilmington-Topsail Beach-Sneads Ferry region. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina