U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM

39 posts, read 70,849 times

Advertisements

I'm interested to know what the women are like in Wilmington, and overall in NC. Approachable? Friendly? Uptight? A lot of women i met in California were stuck up so not looking to go through that again. Please discuss...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,741,524 times
Well east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when Im down there

The mid-west farmers daughters really make you feel alright
And the northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be california
I wish they all could be california girls

The west coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldnt wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be california girls

Old 01-21-2009, 06:00 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,354,464 times
CAROLINA GIRLS (CAROLINA GIRLS) BEST IN THE WORLD (CAROLINA GIRLS)

YOU'RE SO FINE GIRL, YOU?RE ONE OF A KIND SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

CAROLINA GIRLS (CAROLINA GIRLS) SWEET SOUTHERN PEARLS

YOU'RE SURE ENOUGH TUFF GIRL, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

I LOVE THE WAY YOU WALK (WALK THAT WALK) I LOVE THE WAY YOU TALK (TALK THAT TALK) YOU?RE SO FINE GIRL YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

CALIFORNIA GIRLS ARE SEXY AND NEW YORK GIRLS ARE TOO

BUT CAROLINA GIRLS GOT GOOD LOOKS AND SWEET PERSONALITY TOO

YOU'RE SO FINE GIRL, YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

YOU MAKE ME SAY WOOO (CAROLINA NOTHING FINER) WITH THE THINGS YOU DO

(CAROLINA NOTHING FINER) SWEETER THAN CANDY HOTTER THAN HEAT MORE PRECIOUS THAN DIAMONDS GIRL YOU CAN?T BE BEAT

(SAX SOLO)

CALIFORNIA GIRLS ARE SEXY AND NEW YORK GIRLS ARE TOO

BUT CAROLINA GIRLS GOT GOOD LOOKS AND SWEET PERSONALITY TOO

YOU'RE SURE ENOUGH TUFF GIRL, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

CAROLINA GIRLS (CAROLINA GIRLS) BEST IN THE WORLD (CAROLINA GIRLS)

YOU'RE SO FINE GIRL, YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND SWEET CAROLINA GIRLS

Song: Carolina Girls
By: General Johnson and the Chairmen of the Board

Welcome to the beach!! This is a classic North Carolina Shag (as in the dance) song

YouTube - Carolina Girls General Johnson and the Chairman of the Board

Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 10,200 times
That really has a lot to do with age range. There are a lot of college girls in Wilmington. You will find that on average more of them are tan and toned than most other places because of the climate and beach lifestyle. They are in my experience really laid back and fun loving. Not to mention pretty hard partiers. Now when you get up into 30's + the unmarried ones are often pretty career driven and independant. If you want to be more specific I could probably be more helpful.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 PM

107 posts, read 438,258 times
Stacked and easy. (Except the ones that aren't.)

Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 AM

701 posts, read 1,767,017 times
There alright. Neither great, nor poor. There's a lot of women there... College town, ya digg?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I dont mean to affend any ladies here, simply just trying to find some info cause when i was in california a lot of the women seemed to be quite snobby, more into money and themselves than anything else! Coming from ireland for the summer i'm not a snob (i hope lol) or have lots of money so!

Calabashian and Beat02, you say its a college town? But in the summer do all the students go off home or stay in Wilmington? I'm in college myself in ireland and would be looking to meet and hang out with ppl of a similar age. Also are their many "young" hang out spots, such as good night life, and how do u think the women would respond to an irish accent? It was quite a mixed reaction in California, quite often it seemed like we had a bad rep. Mayb because there were quite a few irish students living in the town i was in. Finally, do you get many irish students in Wilmington in the summer?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 PM

412 posts, read 1,108,369 times
There are still tons of women here in the summer b/c most college students stick around to be near the beach.

I don't think women here are stuck up at all. I think many would love to meet someone with an Irish accent. You would be very unique.

Downtown Wilmington is a great hang out spot.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM

24 posts, read 112,053 times
They are very scary huge monsters !!!! ( Says the dad with 3 daughters ) :>
Being a beach area , there are an abundance of very fit, pretty and college edumacated ladies here.
Being southern belles means they are sweethearts until slighted.
Your brogue accent would conjure heritage lines in most of the coastal lasses.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:38 AM

Haha yeah ok sounds good guys. To be fair, I've heard so many good things about the people in Wilmington, and NC in general, being extremely friendly, but I thought it would be better to hear it from people living there. It should be a nice change from people in California who seemed far more into themselves, no offence to anyone from Cali reading this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina