U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 50,269 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are contemplating a move to Wilmington. We have a 2 year-old daughter. An important characteristic for a home/neighborhood to us is that it be within biking or walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc. and that it have an active community. A realtor suggested neighborhoods around Mayfaire.

Can anyone suggest a neighborhood within walking or biking distance that meets these criteria? We are looking in the range of $250K, which I think prices us out of the neighborhood actually associated with the Mayfaire development. Any thoughts or comments on living in this area would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 AM

291 posts, read 766,287 times
There is a neighborhood right behind Mayfaire and one of the roads actually connects into the Mayfaire development. I am not sure of the cost of the homes...they are more modest and there is quite a variety of homes, so you might have more luck there. I haven't had enough caffeine this a.m. to be able to think of that road that connects, but you could probably find it through google maps. There is a new development named Autumn Hall tht will also meet some of your criteria, but not sure how far along it is and what the price points are. They also have a website you could look for to get info. Sadly, pedestrian friendly neighborhoods such as you describe are rare here...you can walk around your neighborhoods, but not to restaurants, shops, and things. There are lots of active communities however. I imagine you have a job that you can do from here? The job market is kind of tough in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina