Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 146,572 times

Advertisements

Hi I am from Long Island NY and have two young children and a husband. We are a stessed out NY family looking for a slower, happier pace. We are not really city people, but are interested in the suburbs around a city such as Wilmington. We have a boat, love the beach and fishing. We don/t want to be right on the water, about 30 minutes or so would be fine. We are certainly interested in good schools, and a safe neighborhood. We have been looking at Hampsted, Ogden and possibly brunswick county. Could anyone offer any info?? Also I am a nurse and would appreciate any info on the job market.. I currently work in a neonatal ICU. My husband owns his own painting co. How much in demand is his line of work?? Thank you!!!My daughter has some speech and language delays. How good are the schools in handling children with speech and OT needs ? I feel overwhelmed with so many questions, but everyone has been so kind and helpful with your responses. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM

957 posts, read 2,610,229 times
I posted yesterday about the dangers of settling on Wilmington (as far as jobs are concerned) on your other thread. Although with the careers you and your husband have, that might not be such a worry. There are two hospitals there (New Hanover - Large and Cape Fear - Small). Plus with all the homebuilding going on your husband would probably have good luck as far as his work is concerned.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:07 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,534,656 times
Again, the danger in living in Wilmington isn't the job market.... it's the iminent major hurricanes.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 PM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 146,572 times
Wink for roxors

Thank you again for your reply. I was thinking if I wasn't actually in the city of Wilmington, but rather in the suburbs, maybe crime would be less. I realize the hurricaine issue would still remain... I have a lot to think about I guess. Thanks again and have a great day!

Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM

957 posts, read 2,610,229 times
I lived in Carolina Beach (very little crime), and the Northchase area which is north of town, not all that far from Ogden. That area is pretty nice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina