U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 8,370 times

Advertisements

That was before the sewer lines were connected. Now the homes there have certificates of occupancy and the infrastructure is for the most part complete. But yes, several lots there have been defaulted upon and are for sale by the bank - just like anywhere and everywhere right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,290 times
i am moving in 18 months to the bluffs i can't wait LONG ISLAND is sucking me dry without a penny leftover to live. everything we have here on LI we will have there but we'll have nice weather be able to afford to live . We plan on starting my son in HS there.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,910 times
Obviously 4Corners is an employee at the Bluffs. I was there two months ago and there hasn't been any significant growth in the last 18 months. They have a half finished gatehouse, no landscaping throughout the community and no one living there. Lots of empty lots and all houses are empty. A decent development concept but at the wrong time given the economy.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM

22 posts, read 36,205 times
I see this post is old. Does anyone have any current information on the bluffs? The website was hard to navigate and doesn't answer my questions. No answer on the toll free number either. Last post in 2012 was nearing completion on the pool and clubhouse. Thank-you

Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 AM

11,258 posts, read 19,791,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlooking View Post
I see this post is old. Does anyone have any current information on the bluffs? The website was hard to navigate and doesn't answer my questions. No answer on the toll free number either. Last post in 2012 was nearing completion on the pool and clubhouse.
That is too bad, as the concept of the community is beautiful. The only other thing I could find is that the office at 1105 New Point Blvd is possibly closed. The local phone number is not current. I checked the Brunswick County GIS, and there are still many lots on the books. I remember looking online at the community in about 2007. I thought the lots were way over-priced at that point. My husband went an looked at it, and the sales literature did not match what he saw. It is out in the middle of nowhere, and did not seem desirable.

The latest Google Earth photos are for 2010. If anyone is curious, search on 3330 Dogwood Road, Leland, NC . That's the entrance. Follow the road beside the train tracks a couple miles, and the paved roads are there. I count 4 houses.

If anyone local wants to drive there, follow 74/76 west to a right on Mt Misery Road. Follow Mt Misery a couple of miles to a right on Dogwood Road and go to 3330 Dogwood Road, the entrance.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-19-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the info. The pics did look really nice and maybe to good to be true. I did see a nice home on the mls. I am really only 45 min away. I will have to venture out and look. I am not originally from here and not really familiar. Trying to find the right development in Brunswick county is proving to be tough. Budget of 250000.00 or lot of 45000.00 is a low number to escape cookie cutter environment. Thx

Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The pics did look really nice and maybe to good to be true. I did see a nice home on the mls. I am really only 45 min away. I will have to venture out and look. I am not originally from here and not really familiar. Trying to find the right development in Brunswick county is proving to be tough. Budget of 250000.00 or lot of 45000.00 is a low number to escape cookie cutter environment. Thx
I also just saw a house at the Bluffs listed under $250K, but it was a foreclosure. IMHO, The Bluffs is not a healthy community. However, there are other foreclosures in Magnolia Greens or Brunswick Forest in your price range, and those communities have all their amenities completed.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 PM

Yes, I do like Brunswick forest. I didn't see any bank owned yet. I think resale should be safe there. Shame about so many communitys under water around here.Appreciate your help!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, I do like Brunswick forest. I didn't see any bank owned yet. I think resale should be safe there.
You are right, and I did not see foreclosures in BF. The houses in your price range seem to be duplexes. However, I have been in Magnolia Greens, and it is a nice community. It's a bit "cookie cutter", but there are houses in your price range. Good luck on your search.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
The latest Google Earth photos are for 2010. If anyone is curious, search on 3330 Dogwood Road, Leland, NC . That's the entrance. Follow the road beside the train tracks a couple miles, and the paved roads are there. I count 4 houses.

If anyone local wants to drive there, follow 74/76 west to a right on Mt Misery Road. Follow Mt Misery a couple of miles to a right on Dogwood Road and go to 3330 Dogwood Road, the entrance.
Bumping this thread. Google Earth has newer pictures, from about January 15, 2013. There are still six houses built.

I believe Liberty Homes is planning to build a spec house of about 2050 SF. I can give anyone the real estate firm's name if you DM me. They also give you an alternate route into the community from Hooper Road.

There are many lots for sale between $22K and $119K. The major advantage I see is that there are some large lots, .5 to .6 acres. Lots that large are becoming rarer in developments with water access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina