U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 12:00 PM

4,074 posts, read 6,415,770 times

Advertisements

I realize the water and sewer costs will vary from house to house but can someone give me an idea of the cost for a small family or single. Thanks.
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 03:35 PM

I called Wilmington Utilities and was told that a typical bill would run about $40-$50 every other month.

I am also trying to find the same info on Hampstead and I find that there may not be water and sewer in Hampstead instead there are wells and septic. Can anyone shed some light on the subject. Thanks.

Don

Old 03-05-2009, 06:48 PM

291 posts, read 766,063 times
Hampstead has public water in many of the areas...there is no sewer system...so we are on septic tanks....have been for years...not a problem...we signed up for the water and our bill is about $32 per month. This is excluding our sprinkler system which is still on our well. But you would need to find out if specific properties you are interested in have the water connection if you want public water. There was nothing wrong with our well water, as a matter of fact, it was very pure and tasted wonderful. We signed up simply because it was cheap to do so on the "front end" and would be more expensive later on. And with development going the way it was at the time, it might only be a matter of time before we did not have the same purity. The lack of sewer in Hampstead is the reason it remains kind of quiet area....if sewers go up and down Highway 17, you can bet the development will explode....

Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 AM

MTNesters,
Thanks for you help.
I see the electric provider is Progress for Hampstead and I believe the rate charge is about $.10/kwh but I am sure there are add-ons. Can you give me a ball-park figure on what a typical electric bill for 1000kwh per month would be? Thanks,
Don

Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 AM

291 posts, read 766,063 times
Don -
I found one of our electric bills where we had used 962 kwh. The charge for electric service was 99.43. we had a discount of -4.63 for "energy conservation discount"(i have no clue why...now I need to find out!) There was an REPS adjustment of .36 and 3% NC sales tax of 2.85 for a total of $98.01. Hope that is helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina