U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 PM

451 posts, read 1,688,870 times

Advertisements

That would be Yoders, and I can say that the food is great there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 PM

168 posts, read 436,054 times
The Warehouse (not spelled like that, don't know the actual spelling of the restaurant) is what opened up in Wimpie's place. From what I have heard it is pretty good, the same country cooking/seafood vibe.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:05 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,044,801 times
I guess the Dixie Queen is great as long as you don't mind dinner served on styrofoam plates with plastic utensils. Oh, and everything is deep fried in the nastiest tasting oil that they can find. Everything tastes the same. Like old oil. We paid an average of $12.50 a plate. I'd rather eat at McDonald's.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 AM

451 posts, read 1,688,870 times
People sure line up to eat there, though. That's not my type of food, either, but if you like fried seafood it must be a good choice.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 17,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Worthington Road is about 3 or 4 miles long. It runs from east Greenville right on into Winterville. You're probably just wondering about Winterville it's self. It's not too bad. There are some new subdivisions there. It will be significantly different from where you are now.

As an aside.... One of my customers was a small girl during the London Blitz. She has some very interesting stories about what went on during that terrible period of time.
Yes my mum told me all sorts of storys about the Blitz in London where she lived as a girl.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 PM

155 posts, read 202,419 times
i wanted to retire near my friend in Winterville. I want to know the same things. A real Estate person said to try New Bern for retirement. I do not want to pay hurricain insurance, and wonder if new bern is to close to the ocean? which town is more retirement friendly?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,544 times
Why are there so many homes for sale in the Winterville southwest area

Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,044,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1950 View Post
Why are there so many homes for sale in the Winterville southwest area
Foreclosures.... Short sales....

Old 02-05-2012, 08:33 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,755,254 times
If you are coming from up north you don't understand how the small towns in the south are structured. Down here you can have the best part of town separated from a street or a railroad track, from just about the worst. You see, we all live together down here.

As towns turn to cities, yeah, you start to get good and bad areas. But they are frequently very close together.

Yes, Greenville does have a high crime rate. But if you pay attention to where you are and when you are where you are, you are as safe as anywhere.

Once, when I lived outside Washington, DC, the POST provided a huge article with tons of crime statistics. I no longer remember the details, but if you were not out past midnight, your chance of being murdered were reduced by like 90%. When all factors were considered, I had a .001% chance of being murdered in DC, just doing my normal activities. Yes, poop happens, but if you have any brains and even a tad of common since, you will be fine.

Greenville gets a bum rap. Beyond awesome health facilities, ECU, though I aint a pirate, is a pretty good university, and shopping and eating is about all you need. If you need to get to Raleigh (or the Smithfield outlet mall--which has about everything) it is a short, easy drive.

Looking at countywide education scores is very very misleading. Go to the NC DPI web site, look at report cards, and pitt county and find the school you kids may attend. You might have some 90's and you might have some 10's and the average would be 50. DO NOT LOOK COUNTY WIDE/

Good Luck.

LLN

Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM

3,672 posts, read 6,068,174 times
raleigh is NOT a short ride from greenville. there is one, dinky overcrowded/trafficy mall in greenville and if you want to go to another one you're looking at driving at least an hour. i guess you can say the same thing about anything in greenville, though. i would never ever choose to live there but it definitely depends on what you're looking for. cost of living is very low on the plus side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina