Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 01:00 PM

99 posts, read 267,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I'm going to say that only peppermints, Brr Berry will make it for awhile. Loreta's is the first on the chopping block... Local Yogurt prob. 2nd since you can' t make your own...I haven't tried Yummy yogurt yet...not an area of town I usually go...but have heard they are basically the same as Peppermints, use the same photos & everything...just no rewards system & larger eating area. The peppermints across from campus should do good once school gets back in...the college girls will kill that place.....esp. if they could get in on the ECU meal plan..they could rock it.
I tried Yummy last night and it was pretty much the same as Peppermints. I thought the yogurt tasted better and they had more flavors and toppings. Best of all, you can actually move around in there without bumping into people. Firetower and Memorial is a pretty good location.

These FY places are really expensive though. Me and the fiancee got two cups and it was $10. Peppermints is the same price. I thought we got pretty small portions. Only Local Yogurt is the cheapest. They also seem to cater to adults instead of children, which might be their downfall (also the lack of flavors).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Looks like the switching yard/rail yard is on its way in getting moved to near Station Mill Road. This is the 2nd project of the CSX railroad. The first added the wye that closed 14th for a while. Last I saw, construction should begin around March.

Lets see what else....speaking of CSX rail, Thomas Langston Road is almost done. They just need to put the road over that track. It should be done around December-February.

Another bit of rail news. The bridge over Dickinson, Norfolk Southern, will be repainted. Next spring/summer is the construction timeline.

That Reade Steet bus station is done.

The South Tar River Greenway is extending westward a little bit. It will go to First Street Apartments, from the Town Commons. That should start in a few weeks and be complete in September.

Since Five Points is complete, the next parking area to be tackled is the Greene Street Parking Lot. Greenville will pave this lot and add stuff. Should start in September and be complete by December.

Evans Street Gateway is on its way. I have some photos of the concepts I'll post in a bit. Construction should start next May and complete by November.

I guess that is it for now.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
The Daily Reflector

Old 07-29-2011, 09:19 PM

247 posts, read 445,123 times
I was at the Firetower Animal Clinic today and I was told that a large commercial development is planned to go up beside and behind them on firetower road.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:36 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
^ Do you know what it would be?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 AM

38 posts, read 96,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
thank you for your words .i agree
also i seen on goldan corral website that peanuts are a problem.check it out,

Old 07-30-2011, 10:40 AM

247 posts, read 445,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
^ Do you know what it would be?
My guess would probably be a shopping strip similar to University Commons on Evans Street.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Thank you Millina. It looks like we are going to have to protect each other.

We were at the bar at Cheddar's last night & I ordered the chocolate sundae cake, the bartender looked at me and said "without the peanuts!" He remembered.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM

232 posts, read 474,842 times
anybody know why the harris teeter on evans is taking so long to remodel?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:33 PM

28 posts, read 53,276 times
It's not scheduled to open until at least September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina