U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2019, 09:22 AM

4,634 posts, read 3,044,259 times

Advertisements

ECU Physicians Added To UnitedHealthcare

Pirates' Southside project taking shape - Daily Reflector
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM

3,286 posts, read 5,437,139 times
An improved entrance and glass are being installed in the State Theater today. Will take a picture and upload later.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:55 PM

3,286 posts, read 5,437,139 times

Horrible upload; be patient with me folks and I’ll upload a better image.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:19 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,004,031 times
https://www.witn.com/content/news/St...506276071.html

Quote:
Students test their STEM skills during Science Olympiad competition
Posted: Sat 7:17 PM, Feb 23, 2019 | Updated: Sat 9:01 PM, Feb 23, 2019

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - Some Eastern North Carolina students tested their science skills at a local university for a chance at a state competition.

Middle school and high school teams came to East Carolina University to build machines and make models in Science Olympiad, a STEM competition.

About 900 students, teachers and parents from all over the east attended the big event.

The Olympiad's Director Shawn Moore said the event gives students a chance to apply skills they learn in the classroom.

"They're building something with their hands, they're creating with their minds and this is not textbook based, it's inquiry hands-on based," Moore said.

Teams who win competitions will advance to the statewide tournament in Raleigh.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:21 AM

4,634 posts, read 3,044,259 times
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...y-highway.aspx

Quote:
GREENVILLE Four bridges along a portion of a Pitt County road will be rehabbed starting next week, requiring daily lane closures.

The N.C. Department of Transportation will alternate closing the north and southbound lanes of U.S. 13 in Greenville starting March 1. The closures will be between the intersections of West 3rd Street and West Moore Street each weekday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This work is expected to last through the end of April.

During these times, crews will rehab the bridge deck of the existing bridges, one in the northbound and three in the southbound lanes.

One lane will be open for traffic at all times, but with potential congestion and for the safety of the crews, drivers are urged to seek an alternate route.

For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on social media.​

Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 AM

15 posts, read 6,701 times
So I am a long time lurker, and alumni of ECU. So what is the deal with the two new developments going up near ECU? The new apartment near the JollyRoger and the new apartment called "The Proximity". I lived in the Province off Charles before I graduated, how can they even begin to cram more stuff over there?

Old 02-28-2019, 06:45 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,360,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorg View Post
So I am a long time lurker, and alumni of ECU. So what is the deal with the two new developments going up near ECU? The new apartment near the JollyRoger and the new apartment called "The Proximity". I lived in the Province off Charles before I graduated, how can they even begin to cram more stuff over there?
The Proximity is scheduled to open for the fall semester...

https://www.proximityat10th.com/

With the new student center, the just started Biotech building, and this complex...the 10th St corridor has a completely different modern feel coming off the new 10th St connector project. It should provide a nice contrast to the renovated Dickinson Ave corridor and ECU Millenial campus, which is part of the warehouse Historic District.

The other complex (yet to be named) is on the previously run down corner of 14th St and Charles. It replaces a former closed gas station and other rental houses...

Demo work launches new student housing development - Daily Reflector

WIMCO and TA Loving will be working on this one. Construction should be completed by the 2020 fall semester. This complex should have a very positive effect on the Harris Teeter shopping center across the street as well as provide a nice Gateway complex after the railroad bridge on Charles Blvd.

This is supposed to have a rooftop pool...

https://dewittcarolinas.com/project/...udent-housing/

Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 AM

293 posts, read 271,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorg View Post
Even with these developments the relative density is still low. There could be A LOT more stuff over there honestly.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:58 AM

15 posts, read 6,701 times
Interesting. I just remember not being a lot of room in that back street near Pops & those frat houses with cars parked on either side of the road a lot. Maybe I am just going crazy.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:40 AM

163 posts, read 115,778 times
A lot of that was bought up by the developers and torn down for Proximity and the new development. Parking lots tend to be very low-value uses of what is increasingly high-value land for the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina