U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 01:41 PM

293 posts, read 270,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post

I completely agree. I would have loved to have seen a nice office/retail space there. The townhomes do look lovely, but it looks like it would have been better suited for Dickinson Ave on the other side of the 10th Street bridge where the old used tire shops and some dilapidated houses are.

No way these are selling for less thank 150k. I'd say they'll go for 180-200k each.
x3 it looks great, love Taft's commitment to Uptown/Greenville, but the location seems a bit odd for townhomes. That lot was listed at a 800k-1 million dollars may a year or two ago IIRC. If that is what they got it for I'd wager they'll be 300-350k each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 01:50 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,359,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
x3 it looks great, love Taft's commitment to Uptown/Greenville, but the location seems a bit odd for townhomes. That lot was listed at a 800k-1 million dollars may a year or two ago IIRC. If that is what they got it for I'd wager they'll be 300-350k each.
I think you have the number right.

There are tons of properties/projects like this going on along the periphery of downtown Raleigh, Charlotte...Wilmington. These infill projects put people near everything.

And we have enough commercial space in the mixed use complexes. This will help the street level walking environment and help fill those commercial spaces.

In reality the courthouse is whats out of place

Old 03-07-2019, 02:23 PM

1,069 posts, read 984,724 times
My initial thought was that the price of admission will be at least 500k (well, 499). The plans look beautiful.

Unless there is some way to prevent it though I see them being mostly bought by investors and rented out. Downtown Greenville does not have jobs that pay that well. The high paying jobs are in the medical district.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,359,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
My initial thought was that the price of admission will be at least 500k (well, 499). The plans look beautiful.

Unless there is some way to prevent it though I see them being mostly bought by investors and rented out. Downtown Greenville does not have jobs that pay that well. The high paying jobs are in the medical district.
And downtown and the medical district are now tied by a connector. Greenville has plenty of high paying jobs in the medical sector...and why wouldnt there be a market for those folks to live downtown...rather than drive 45 minutes every morning on Arlington Blvd from some big house in a big yard on the eastern outskirts of Greenville.

And what about some of the entrepreneurs that are opening businesses in the Dickinson Ave corridor...what about people like the Taft family moving their headquarters downtown...or some of the higher paying government sector jobs.

300k is 300k no matter where you put it. In this case its in an urban environment instead of a big house on an acre of land.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:02 PM

153 posts, read 186,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I would loudly and proudly help in any way for his campaign!
I agree. We don't agree politically, but he hasn't harped on political differences and that's easy to avoid at a local level. It will be more intense at this new level. I would still plan to vote for him but cue in on that's hot button items that I'm not that familiar with for him. Immigration, Big Government, Abortion, Supporting the constitution, etc.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:34 AM

163 posts, read 115,388 times
Making sure the formal announcement is seen by all:
City to add public parking along Greene Street

Old 03-08-2019, 04:45 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,003,643 times
Rams, Pitt County trio all in Minges - Daily Reflector

Should be a good Saturday for Greenville. The Millbrook / South Central game should pull in several thousand people. Should give a little boost this weekend, even if most of the schools involved are within an hr drive.

Quote:
Greene Central’s boys plus three Pitt County basketball teams advanced to Saturday’s NCHSAA Eastern Regional final round, including a pair of familiar opponents.

Farmville Central’s boys and girls in addition to Greene Central and South Central’s nationally ranked boys all will play Saturday in East Carolina’s Minges Coliseum.

The schedule for Minges on Saturday is: Farmville girls versus Kinston at noon, FC boys against Greene Central at 2 p.m., Washington County boys against Henderson Collegiate at 4 and then Millbrook versus South Central at 6 in an anticipated 4-A showdown.

ECU Athletic Tickets
@ECUAthleticTix
Tickets can be purchased in advance ONLINE ONLY: https://bit.ly/2EGUNay .

Tickets are $10. There will be a fee to park - $10 (cash only). The gates will open at 11 AM on Saturday.

NCHSAA

@NCHSAA
#NCHSAAMBB & #NCHSAAWBB Eastern Finals Schedule
Minges Coliseum (ECU), Greenville
12 noon - 2A Women - Farmville Central vs. Kinston
2 pm - 2A Men - Farmville Central vs. Greene Central
4 pm - 1A Men - Washington Co. vs. Henderson Coll.
6 pm - 4A Men - Millbrook vs. South Central

11:04 AM - Mar 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ECU Athletic Tickets's other Tweets
Winners advance to state championship games for the following weekend.

When Farmville Central’s boys face the Rams in the 2-A East final, the Rams and Jaguars will meet for the fourth time this season in a battle between the top two seeds. The Jags (30-0) won the three previous meetings over the Rams (23-7) — one was at home, another on the road and also at J.H. Rose in the Pitt County holiday tournament.

“We’re really honored to be here,” FC coach Larry Williford said Wednesday. “We knew there was a good chance we would see them again, and we’re looking forward to the challenge. This deep in the playoffs, it’s just about taking care of your team first, and the mindset you have going into the basketball game.”

Williford, also the school’s athletics director, praised the Farmville community for the support shown during a tremendous run for Jaguar basketball.

“Farmville is a great community,” he said. “We get so much support from alumni, the student body and the community. We’ve really built up a basketball culture, and the community expects us to succeed. It’s truly a great place to be a coach and the athletic director.”

South Central (28-1), fresh off a 79-45 road win over second-seeded Wakefield on Tuesday, moves to the 4-A East final to face a team from Wake County for the third straight season. SC lost to Wake Forest Heritage in overtime in Minges in 2018.

“We’re just a proud program and we play for each other,” Cherry said Tuesday in Raleigh. “We play for the name on the front of the jersey. Our program record speaks for itself, we have nothing to prove to anybody. Our record over the six years we’ve been 4-A speaks for itself.”

FC’s girls (26-0) also will face a familiar opponent in rival Kinston (25-5). While the two sides have not met this season, both squads typically bring large followings wherever they play.

The Jaguars enter as the top seed. Kinston is No. 3 and and made it to Minges after edging No. 10 Ledford 48-47 on Tuesday night.

Two Pitt County teams played in Minges Coliseum a year ago, including the North Pitt girls winning their regional final and then the 2-A state championship.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:02 AM

4,632 posts, read 3,041,226 times
Uptown Greenville celebrates growth - Daily Reflector

Old 03-09-2019, 06:41 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,003,643 times
Winterville is getting it's own brewery. Nauti Dog Brewing has announced on their FB page that they'll be moving into space beside the old Wimpie's in downtown Winterville. I'm sure it's still several months from opening.

https://www.facebook.com/nautidogbrewingco/

Old 03-09-2019, 07:34 AM

36 posts, read 27,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Winterville is getting it's own brewery. Nauti Dog Brewing has announced on their FB page that they'll be moving into space beside the old Wimpie's in downtown Winterville. I'm sure it's still several months from opening.

https://www.facebook.com/nautidogbrewingco/
Nice to see this finally coming to fruition. An older DR article on the group here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina