U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 07:13 AM

210 posts, read 328,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
The old BP station on the corner of 14th & Greenville Blvd has been bulldozed thankfully! I'm not sure if there is any development planned for that corner or not but at least it won't become a vaping store or something.

I wonder what is coming to that location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 12:27 PM

20 posts, read 17,146 times

Old 07-27-2019, 09:42 PM

3,292 posts, read 5,459,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
Hey BMORE--a humble request from a transportation nerd as to your transportation platform:

(1) Formally adopt a complete streets policy so the DOT will install bike lanes and sidewalks on state-owned roads.
(2) Eliminate surface parking minimums so business owners can build as much or as little parking as they'd like within their footprint. Encourage shared-use parking agreements between owners with existing private lots, since close to 50% of our parking sits unused during the day.
(3) Encourage city administration to pursue parking garage construction (as opposed to surface lots) where public finance law will permit. Where our city debt ratio is too high (due to leasing parking for free in the 4th Street garage, e.g.), move city administration parking out of there and into different areas.
Donít be surprised if I enroll your help in this; as Iíve been traveling for work this past week, Iím back on the ground indefinitely to dedicate most, if not all, of my attention to this bid.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:17 AM

4,782 posts, read 3,131,238 times
Winterville awakening: Strong economy spurs energy downtown - Daily Reflector

Old 07-28-2019, 07:45 PM

174 posts, read 122,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Donít be surprised if I enroll your help in this; as Iíve been traveling for work this past week, Iím back on the ground indefinitely to dedicate most, if not all, of my attention to this bid.
you know where to find me.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:33 AM

4,782 posts, read 3,131,238 times
Challengers in Greenville mayoral race seek inclusion, unity - Daily Reflector

Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM

3,292 posts, read 5,459,185 times
Each of us has set our agenda, which Iím sure we are each proud. I hope, regardless of the election outcome, that the platform weíve set will serve as a catalyst for change. From the interactions Iíve had with people in Greenville, we want something different. Personally, Iíve longed for additional industry to be attracted here, for some itís mitigating traffic, for others itís expanding our green space; regardless I want to hear as many voices as I can and continue to build our agenda from there. I understand this is an ambitious agenda and itíll be a fight to implement (sometimes, perhaps even above the powers of the city council but weíll take the fight wherever we see fit), but as Iíve railed for, for years here: somethingís gotta change.

So yeah.. all here on C-D I appreciate your support in one way or another in this race and I want to hear your concerns.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:29 PM

a scooter company has launched in greenville, somewhat quietly.

Sly-de

based on their rental agreement (which lists a Santa Monica, CA headquarters and CA choice-of law clause despite supposedly being started by ECU students) this appears to be a "Bird Platform" company. it's a ploy from bird started earlier this year to shield themselves from rogue launches and generate new revenue streams. they sell their bird app with your brand along with refurbished bird scooters to the entrepreneur.

do not expect this company to last very long. both city and university staff were unaware of this company's existence until this afternoon, and are not pleased. i'm hoping this will finally move city staff to pass a shared-use mobility ordinance, as the bike-ped committee has been asking for since march.

Last edited by bikepedguy; 07-29-2019 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: i can't spell good

Old 07-29-2019, 10:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 995,994 times
The link to the app on their page doesn’t work and I can’t find them in the App Store using the name manually either...

Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The link to the app on their page doesnít work and I canít find them in the App Store using the name manually either...
Most of their website is not functional, but if you search "Sly-de" in Google Play Store it appears. They have ~10 in the city currently. This looks very unplanned--scooters have razor-thin profit margins and it requires real planning and scale within a market to survive. I don't expect this will last long, knowing how much Bird charges for their app and refurbished scooters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina