U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,642,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
also latin for life, but yea i think its a terrible name
Nah that's vita,-ae. Video is the verb "to see" but the only conjugation that ends in -nt is videant- "they see". Or viderant- "he/she/it had seen".

Unless it's the French vidant, which is unlikely, it's just a made-up corporate word some dumb marketing tool came up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 AM

232 posts, read 398,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Nah that's vita,-ae. Video is the verb "to see" but the only conjugation that ends in -nt is videant- "they see". Or viderant- "he/she/it had seen".

Unless it's the French vidant, which is unlikely, it's just a made-up corporate word some dumb marketing tool came up with.
NEW INFO: PCMH Becoming Vidant Medical Center

"Vidant is the Latin word for life, according to the hospital"

Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,642,336 times
Thankfully the hospital's knowledge of medicine is better than their Latin.

I know ECU and UHS East are separate entities but c'mon ECU, let 'em use the name for the hospital. Vidant is a terrible name. It sounds like a fly-by-night hedge fund that's about to go belly up or a drug one takes for a swollen prostate.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,828,162 times
Quote:
Vidant is a terrible name. It sounds like a fly-by-night hedge fund that's about to go belly up or a drug one takes for a swollen prostate.
Giggle

Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM

3,288 posts, read 5,441,556 times
I must say Downtown Greenville is looking quite nice with the Christmas decorations. Now all they have to do is build something on reade circle, and FIX THOSE ROADS, and downtown Greenville will be nice. Hey throw in a HQ and I'm sure much more will come, ahh can't man a dream lol

Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 AM

3,288 posts, read 5,441,556 times
The Daily Reflector

2nd Walmart is approved

Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,110,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
The Daily Reflector

2nd Walmart is approved
We used to live in Eastern Pines, down Portertown Rd...10th St/Hwy 33 is going to get crazy with more development when Walmart opens.
The new Walmarts are nice ...I put them on par with Super Target (at least until the Walmart gets trashed and ages in a few years)

Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,892 times
i think this Wal-Mart may be able to stay upscale for awhile compared to the other one in town. This one is kind of away from the bad parts of town, the worst customers should be the students from the students housing down the street.

The current Wal Mart is sitting not too far from some of the poorer areas in Greenville, which I think leads to the image of that one...plus being the only Wal-Mart everyone & their brother goes there..the 2nd should help alleviate some of the congestion there.

I live out towards Eastern Pines & am excited about the Wal Mart. i hate going across town to go there & if I do I generally just go to Target if I'm going out that way. I wish we could get a Super Target

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM

286 posts, read 553,334 times
If they can make this one more like the Washington store it will be great... That store is a world away from Greenville's.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,192,469 times
Quote:
Thankfully the hospital's knowledge of medicine is better than their Latin.

I know ECU and UHS East are separate entities but c'mon ECU, let 'em use the name for the hospital. Vidant is a terrible name. It sounds like a fly-by-night hedge fund that's about to go belly up or a drug one takes for a swollen prostate.
It wasn't ECU holding them back. The Chancellor would've liked East Carolina in the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina