U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM

45 posts, read 62,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
People that hate on Greenville....if you dislike it so much, why don't you just move. Life is short & if you don't like where you are, there is a whole world out there you can explore...even if you have kids & a job & so on & so forth...just go somewhere that makes you happy. There are ways to do anything.

Greenville for the most part makes me happy. I went through the I hate Greenville phase growing up here, but after living in Raleigh / Cary for 8 years, I came back & haven't missed Raleigh...if I do it's only an hour away.
Well said! I'm so over the "I hate Greenville crowd." You're totally right, life is way too short to live unhappy. I consider myself very blessed to live in Greenville. We're not perfect by any means but hate is too strong a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM

228 posts, read 521,673 times
I firmly agree with the idea of if you are not happy living somewhere, then move. While I can't speak for other folks in the area, I was on a contract that I felt I should in good faith honor. I however have resigned as of May, 2012 and am currently job searching. My goal is to get back to a larger city more in line with what I was used to before Greenville (ala Tampa, Philly, etc.)

Greenville has certainly grown in the six years I have been here and it has made many positive strides. I hope it can catch up the growth in population with its roadways, city services, etc. If it does, it will be a good little place to live.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM

208 posts, read 325,599 times
They started tearing down homes and moving barns on the property of the future Wal-Mart today.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM

3,672 posts, read 6,068,174 times
Quote:
People that hate on Greenville....if you dislike it so much, why don't you just move. Life is short & if you don't like where you are, there is a whole world out there you can explore...even if you have kids & a job & so on & so forth...just go somewhere that makes you happy. There are ways to do anything.

Greenville for the most part makes me happy. I went through the I hate Greenville phase growing up here, but after living in Raleigh / Cary for 8 years, I came back & haven't missed Raleigh...if I do it's only an hour away.
god i moved after only a few months and i will still hate on it all day it sucked so badly lol

Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM

232 posts, read 398,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
god i moved after only a few months and i will still hate on it all day it sucked so badly lol
Yet you still check city-data forum for Greenville area developments. Interesting

Old 03-27-2012, 07:52 PM

3,672 posts, read 6,068,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
Yet you still check city-data forum for Greenville area developments. Interesting
of course...my feelings toward the area are very strong so it makes sense. plus im subscribed to "coastal north carolina" bc there are many places within that geographic that i do love. i lived in beaufort and had the time of my life there. i think most people on here subscribe to/check forums for areas in which they've lived to help give advice. im glad greenville is getting a new wal-mart at least.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,031 times
glad they have finally started on the new Wally World. has Dick's broken ground yet?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM

232 posts, read 398,516 times
Quote:
glad they have finally started on the new Wally World. has Dick's broken ground yet?
Dicks is moving along nicely. They already have a large portion of one of the walls built. I'll try to take a picture and post it soon.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM

i see in the Daily Reflector today that Atlantic Grill has closed due to Finelli being unable to find a suitable chef / manager. I never ate there but hears it was good...at least when the original chef was there. Maybe he will concentrate on making Finelli's better now..the food had really gone down hill last time I ate there & the prices up.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM

I think an office environment would help, but there are so many open office spaces around town right now, I don't see a need. I still think a Chuck E Cheese type place geared toward kids & parents would do blockbuster here...there is no where like it in a town filled with families. If I had the capital I'd attempt to open one or something similar...even a Dave & Busters type place on a smaller scale I think would do good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina