U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM

264 posts, read 777,136 times

Advertisements

I've read negative reviews online about the Greenville VW dealership. Any thoughts here on that dealership ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 AM

99 posts, read 235,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy45 View Post
I've read negative reviews online about the Greenville VW dealership. Any thoughts here on that dealership ?
I went in there a few months ago looking at a Jetta. The salesman was VERY pushy. Since I was semi-interested, I decided to take a test drive. Boy, was that a mistake. I got the typical spiel before the test drive. After, we returned to his office where he tried to convince me for about 30 minutes to trade in my current vehicle for a VW. After I kept denying him, he became agitated and called in the manager.

I mistakenly left my business card with him. For the next month, I received about 6 phone calls from the salesman asking for me to give him a "courtesy call" and later why I wasn't returning his calls. I was no longer interested in the vehicle because of the way I was treated, so I didn't bother returning his calls.

I finally called and talked to a manager about the phone calls. He informed me that the salesman no longer works there

I would make an effort to drive out of town to buy a VW just to avoid that place.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
is it just me or does it seem that crime reports are a little bit down & felons are apprehended sooner ever since the Police Chief left?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM

286 posts, read 552,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
is it just me or does it seem that crime reports are a little bit down & felons are apprehended sooner ever since the Police Chief left?
I noticed this as well.

It does not surprise me at all.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,040,450 times
Give it time. The summer felonious crime wave is coming up soon. Greenville is literally powerless to stop it given the demographics. Asheville is about the same size as Greenville but doesn't have the problems with crime that Greenville does. If you compare the demographics of the two cities, it should become apparent why.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM

99 posts, read 235,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Give it time. The summer felonious crime wave is coming up soon. Greenville is literally powerless to stop it given the demographics. Asheville is about the same size as Greenville but doesn't have the problems with crime that Greenville does. If you compare the demographics of the two cities, it should become apparent why.
As sad as it is, it's the truth. Look at the majority of the places on the most violent cities in America. I'll guarantee that each one of them has a high percentage of minorities, with a few exceptions of course.

It's a cycle that's hard to escape from. Mom is on drugs and dad is long gone... what ambition do you have to do well in school and succeed? I guess they feel their only way to make money is to commit crimes. It's really sad.

I'd be willing to bet that crime increases in Greenville during the summer because college students are away for summer and thugs have no one to sell drugs to. Gotta make money some other way.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM

207 posts, read 325,018 times
Anything new friends? :-)

Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
New Wally World finally 'officially' broke ground yesterday...I'm hesitant to say anything about it since it stirs up so much moaning & groaning. I for one am pleased..only wish it had gone into the original spot across from Lowe's. Map shows a BB&T & McDonald's are going out there as well.

The Daily Reflector

Mellow Mushroom is getting close to being done. I think it's supposed to open around the first week or two of May.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM

68 posts, read 101,579 times
mellow mushroom will open april 30th

Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,400,693 times
My husband & I were out of State and went for the first time last night to Bonefish Grill. We were very pleased with the food. Our server told us that they will have the same menu when they open up in Greenville. My h had Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout with green beans (Haricot Verts) & asparagus $17.30. I had wood grilled Grouper with goat cheese & sun dried tomatoes $22.00. Our dd wanted their Bang, bang shrimp which is fried and served with a tangy cream sauce. Wed. special for $5.00. We are really looking forward to the grand opening in Greenville, their selections are varied and the prices in our opinion are decent.Entrees start at $13.90.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina