U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM

105 posts, read 145,583 times

Advertisements

[quote=MrBojangles;23863231]What happened to the Domino's on 10th St, right there at the Province? Its razed.

Domino's is rebuilding their store. They announced this shortly after construction was started on the Province.

Last edited by Cityadvocate; 04-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: improve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 PM

99 posts, read 235,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
What happened to the Domino's on 10th St, right there at the Province? Its razed.

Also that new mexican restaurant in Arlington Village looks packed.
The new Mexican restaurant is really good. The food is pretty average for the area, but the restaurant itself is very clean and the waitstaff dress professionally. I also find the prices to be fair.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM

232 posts, read 398,237 times
Does anybody know what is going on with the land behind the firetower on Firetower Rd? It's looked like preparation for a neighborhood had been ready to go for quite some time.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
^ it should be a neighborhood, if you go to google or maybe bing maps, the streets are already laid out up there with names. There was a discussion about this on the GTV access channel on Friday night, but I was too tired to watch.

I ate that the new Mexican place...the food was good & the prices were fair. If you can handle eating Mexican not drinking beer, then it's good. It is a little classier than other Mexican places around town, very clean & well dressed staff..I will say though, one of the individuals with me got their food & there were mashed potatoes with the entree...never ever seen mashed potatoes at a Mexican restaurant..but I'd go back. Only complaint was it was very loud in there...nothing to catch the sound as it has a tile floor everywhere.

I also ate at Tabeya over beside KFC on G-ville blvd. What a deal..chicken & steak hibachi with a salad for $5.99. I don't know if they'll make it doing specials with those kinds of prices, but I'll go back...they did a pretty nice remodel job on the inside considering it use to be Wendy's.

Super excited about the WITN studio finally showing signs of life on that project. They need one bad & need HD bad. I use to watch them religiously, but lately have found myself watching ch. 12 just bc of HD...even if I don't like their news as much. I really wish they had done something uptown like the ABC affiliate in Raleigh did, that place is nice..oh well..Heather King in HD will be nice.

Quote:
What happened to the Domino's on 10th St, right there at the Province? Its razed
They're rebuilding with room for seating since they are so close to all those student apartments now. Should be a lot nicer & less run down looking.

Last edited by jpirate; 04-16-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: g

Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM

45 posts, read 62,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I also ate at Tabeya over beside KFC on G-ville blvd. What a deal..chicken & steak hibachi with a salad for $5.99. I don't know if they'll make it doing specials with those kinds of prices, but I'll go back...they did a pretty nice remodel job on the inside considering it use to be Wendy's.
I'm a big fan of Tabeya. The family that runs it is so nice and their sushi is great also. And with a drive-thru its perfect for those lazy Saturdays when you're looking a hot mess. I think its the only hibachi place in Greenville with a drive-thru come to think of it.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM

33 posts, read 57,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattawest View Post
The new Mexican restaurant is really good. The food is pretty average for the area, but the restaurant itself is very clean and the waitstaff dress professionally. I also find the prices to be fair.
I agree. The only problem is the available parking is in short supply, which is why it may look packed a lot.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM

105 posts, read 145,583 times
I e-mailed WITN inquiring about the new studio & if they plan to completely abandon their studio in Chocowinity or still have some functions there. They e-mailed back saying they are not prepared to make any announcement or give out any information at this time, but it is public record that the building permit was recently approved. Hopefully it will be soon.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 PM

286 posts, read 552,672 times
^ that means they're doing a wholesale move and they're not ready for the Washington/BoCo uproar that may ensue when the announcement is made.

If it was just a relo of the Greenville studio there would be nothing to worry about.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM

872 posts, read 1,716,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Give it time. The summer felonious crime wave is coming up soon. Greenville is literally powerless to stop it given the demographics. Asheville is about the same size as Greenville but doesn't have the problems with crime that Greenville does. If you compare the demographics of the two cities, it should become apparent why.
Exactly why there won't be a Cheesecake Factory in Greenville. There isn't one in Asheville, which has a better demographic; there really isn't any comparison between the two, since Asheville's metro area is more than twice the size of Greenville's.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:38 PM

232 posts, read 398,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Exactly why there won't be a Cheesecake Factory in Greenville. There isn't one in Asheville, which has a better demographic; there really isn't any comparison between the two, since Asheville's metro area is more than twice the size of Greenville's.
Looking at what other cities have and determining what Greenville can get isnt really a good philosophy. For example, We have a HuHot under construction. Not only does Asheville not have a HuHot, but no other city on the east coast has one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina