U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM

651 posts, read 825,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
Looking at what other cities have and determining what Greenville can get isnt really a good philosophy. For example, We have a HuHot under construction. Not only does Asheville not have a HuHot, but no other city on the east coast has one.
True, but think of CF as a "Saks" of the restaurant world; with less than a tenth of the stores that Applebees has, they have equal sales and a higher net income. They are going to be much more selective in where they locate than HuHot would be, and would cater to a very different customer base. If CF opened a location in Greenville, it would be a first based on where there other stores are located; it would be as big of a surprise as if a Saks opened up in the Home Depot that couldn't cut it. There is also a big difference between a franchisee taking a risk in a small market and an industry giant changing their business model to enter a small market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM

2,827 posts, read 2,785,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
Looking at what other cities have and determining what Greenville can get isnt really a good philosophy. For example, We have a HuHot under construction. Not only does Asheville not have a HuHot, but no other city on the east coast has one.
True but this is The Cheesecake Factory were talking. They have no locations in some cities that are just as prosperous as us in just about every measure, I think its safe to say Cary would get a Cheesecake Factory before we do. We're in the rural market of NC, the poorest economically (sad to say) out of the entire state. So are chances of getting one are super slim at the moment and even in 2008 if it was truly being inquired about.

Once Pitt County diversify it's economy, adds about 200-300k new residents, and when the metro actually has a actual minor city (I don't know what you would call it but most metros have another city that's not as major as the main city ex. Raleigh/Cary, Charlotte/Concord/Gastonia/Rock Hill, Greensboro-Winston/High Point, you get the picture) because Winterville doesn't count. I would suggest that Greenville and Wilson work together more jointly in becoming one metropolitan area, Wilson would actually be a great asset to the current Greenville metro the only thing is the distance. But once all that criteria is met then maybe we'll get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
True, but think of CF as a "Saks" of the restaurant world; with less than a tenth of the stores that Applebees has, they have equal sales and a higher net income. They are going to be much more selective in where they locate than HuHot would be, and would cater to a very different customer base. If CF opened a location in Greenville, it would be a first based on where there other stores are located; it would be as big of a surprise as if a Saks opened up in the Home Depot that couldn't cut it. There is also a big difference between a franchisee taking a risk in a small market and an industry giant changing their business model to enter a small market.
Exactly.
It's cool to want things in Greenville but realistically its not happening. I once remember someone telling me "Pitt Community is going to become a Univeristy", it's cool to imagine that but it's not realistic at all since another community college would have to be created which isn't necessary. The craziest rumor I've heard yet is that Tiffany and H&M were opening in Winterville, I just walked away when I heard that smh

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM

4,965 posts, read 2,850,648 times
I just spoke with someone at the Corporate Office of Bonefish Grill. Construction is sup. to start on the new restaurant on June 21st and she said that it usually takes 12 wks. to complete.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Great! Great for us; I can't wait to try them since the experience you said you had with them!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:38 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,185,630 times
Going back to the new Mexican place. How is it compared to Plaza Azteca on Greenville? That place blows every other Mexican restaurant I've been to out of the water.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM

99 posts, read 134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Going back to the new Mexican place. How is it compared to Plaza Azteca on Greenville? That place blows every other Mexican restaurant I've been to out of the water.
Plaza Azteca definitely has nicer looking decor inside. However, I find their prices to be a bit high. La Ribera has decent food, the restaurant is clean, and the portions are better than Plaza. However, my favorite place is still Mi Cabana because they offer Chile Colorado.

I've also tried Fajitas, Chicos, Mazatlan, and Los Charros. They were all pretty average, but Plaza, La Ribera, and Mi Cabana are much better.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM

I was on Memorial just then and I saw that they put the Dicks Sporting Goods on the Galleria's Sign. That kind of surprised me considering that Kohls, Fresh Market nor Sears have signs up but Cheddars and Dicks does.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM

746 posts, read 595,519 times
Doug Henry has opened a used car dealership in the vacant auto lot across from the Cracker Barrel.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM

232 posts, read 212,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I was on Memorial just then and I saw that they put the Dicks Sporting Goods on the Galleria's Sign. That kind of surprised me considering that Kohls, Fresh Market nor Sears have signs up but Cheddars and Dicks does.
yeah thats been up there since the start of construction

Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 AM

^oh ok, I just noticed it lol do you know why they don't have any of the other retailers signs up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina