U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM

232 posts, read 398,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I heard that the Quarry opened up the other night where the old Boli's used to be. Has anyone been there?
I haven't been, but I have driven by almost every night since it opened. It's been packed! I managed to get a look at the bar. So many beers on tap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM

3,287 posts, read 5,438,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
how in the world does Rocky Mount have a Cheescake Factory? The city on the rise is one of the armpits of North Carolina.
They don't have a restaurant, but instead the factory for the South or the entire East Coast; it's one of the two.

And regarding the signage at 11 Galleria, it seems as if it would be only common sense to have the other retailers signs up though. At least to me.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM

232 posts, read 398,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
They don't have a restaurant, but instead the factory for the South or the entire East Coast; it's one of the two.

And regarding the signage at 11 Galleria, it seems as if it would be only common sense to have the other retailers signs up though. At least to me.
yea i agree about the sign. I was also wondering if there are long term plans for another development besides dicks. I find it odd how they didnt center the building between kohls and tfm. looks like they left enough space for something else.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Minor League Baseball in Greenville?

This is from Councilman Mercer's news letter:

I would be in support of this if they could get a stadium in uptown, would do dramatic things for downtown. Will this ever happen..probably not, but I'm in support of at least exploring the idea.
I've always said Greenville should have aminor league team and if it were uptown it would do wonders for Uptown. It could attract both retailers and residents. I believe a portion of Town Commons should be donated for the baseball stadium if it were to ever happen.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
yea i agree about the sign. I was also wondering if there are long term plans for another development besides dicks. I find it odd how they didnt center the building between kohls and tfm. looks like they left enough space for something else.
Yeah I think there will be more stores, but I believe they should make the remaining of the development mixed-use. I honestly did t know the development was going to back as far it is now, I thought the buildings currently standing were all that we're going to be built. But if I remember correctly it is a 2-phase project.

Not any new news but it just tells the size of Bonefish & Dick's.:
"GREENVILLE, N.C. — Bonefish Grill and Dick's Sporting Goods have signed leases totaling 54,800 square feet at HJ Brody's 11 Galleria, located on Memorial Highway in Greenville. Bonefish Grill leased 4,800 square feet, and Dick's Sporting Goods leased 50,000 square feet. Both tenants are slated to open in the fall/winter 2012."

http://www.coopercarry.com/portfolio...?projectID=276
Old rendering of 11 Galleria, it shows Ulta as a tenant. The rent for 11 Galleria must be very expensive since Ulta decided to go by Best Buy instead of 11 Galleria, when 11 Galleria was already built.

Last edited by BMORE; 04-19-2012 at 09:49 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,109,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I've always said Greenville should have aminor league team and if it were uptown it would do wonders for Uptown. It could attract both retailers and residents. I believe a portion of Town Commons should be donated for the baseball stadium if it were to ever happen.
I hadn't heard that the Kinston Indians moved to Zebulon for 2012 and became the A-level Carolina Mudcats. I saw a couple games at Five County Stadium to watch the AA-level Mudcats, which I just learned have moved to Florida and have a new name for 2012. Five County is a great stadium - Kinston was nice too, saw a couple of games there as well. I thought Greenville could support a minor league team, even with the one in Kinston. If Kinston doesn't get a new team, it would be great to see one in Greenville. I would think they'd need to play at ECU for a while to see if they can get established.

I'm happy that I'm now living in the Triad...great minor league parks for the Winston-Salem Dash and the Greensboro Grasshoppers.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM

105 posts, read 145,711 times
Quote:
how in the world does Rocky Mount have a Cheescake Factory? The city on the rise is one of the armpits of North Carolina.
Rocky Mount has a bakery that makes cheesecakes for Cheesecake Factory. It is not a restaurant.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM

105 posts, read 145,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Sears is not part of the Galleria. Their property and building are owned by a completely different company that I believe is a subsidiary of Sears.
Even though Sears is privately owned, they are listed as one of the tenants of Galleria 11. Belk & Penny's are privately owned, but they are part of Greenville Mall.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,932 times
Minor league baseball in Greenville has been something I've wanted for quite some time, even moreso since Kinston sold their franchise. I'd want it downtown, too, although I think it would be a great way to revitalize the former tobacco district on the west end of downtown. There are some great buildings down there, but there is no chance of bringing back the west end one store front at a time. You'd need large quantities of people to go down there at once so they'd feel safe (The science center and such will not do that.). As soon as a ground-breaking ceremony takes place, you'd see investors and private business snatching up properties and re-opening a lost part of downtown. I don't see the point in investing in the center of downtown by reshaping five points and fixing up an old theatre (along with the success of Winslow's and Star Lite) if that revitalized area does not act as a bridge to connect both ends of downtown. We need a complete downtown, and we need something significant to happen there if its ever going to be functional again.

Also, I'm pretty sure a professional team cannot sell alcohol at a campus facility, so sharing Clark-LeClair would not be profitable; so co-existing at ECU is unlikely.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Minor league baseball in Greenville has been something I've wanted for quite some time, even moreso since Kinston sold their franchise. I'd want it downtown, too, although I think it would be a great way to revitalize the former tobacco district on the west end of downtown. There are some great buildings down there, but there is no chance of bringing back the west end one store front at a time. You'd need large quantities of people to go down there at once so they'd feel safe (The science center and such will not do that.). As soon as a ground-breaking ceremony takes place, you'd see investors and private business snatching up properties and re-opening a lost part of downtown. I don't see the point in investing in the center of downtown by reshaping five points and fixing up an old theatre (along with the success of Winslow's and Star Lite) if that revitalized area does not act as a bridge to connect both ends of downtown. We need a complete downtown, and we need something significant to happen there if its ever going to be functional again.

Also, I'm pretty sure a professional team cannot sell alcohol at a campus facility, so sharing Clark-LeClair would not be profitable; so co-existing at ECU is unlikely.
Ah I forgot all about that part of downtown. They could turn some of those warehouses into art studios, lofts, and etc. while building a beautiful stadium to compliment the area. The first step to fixing the west end is to fix Dickinson Ave, it's pretty terrible in my opinion. But the city needs to study other cities downtowns for a while to get a idea of how to make it great. I would suggest studying Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Greenville, SC (it has a great example on how to do a West End, and Downtown), and other cities not too far away that are having success with downtowns. A hotel should be another one of our top priorities for downtown that's 3 Stars or more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina