U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 PM

2,426 posts, read 2,368,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
The Stratford Arms Apartments are being torn down! Please tell me the property will be used for more than just extra parking lots for tailgating...
Stratford Arms basically fell into ECU's lap. It is a large parcel of land adjacent to a lot of ECU property. They couldn't say no to it. But, IIRC, there isn't anything near term in the pipeline in development, minus parking. But I wouldn't be surprised if something eventually goes there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 AM

Check out this! PF Changs is listed here as a future development for this Real-Estate Development & Investment company.
TRADECOR .:. Real-Estate Development & Investment Firm

Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM

286 posts, read 305,565 times
That list is not necessarily up to date. Alltel is listed as building in Surprise, AZ - they were bought out by Verizon over 3 years ago and though a spinoff using the Alltel brand ended up in some areas, Phoenix wasn't one of them.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
That list is not necessarily up to date. Alltel is listed as building in Surprise, AZ - they were bought out by Verizon over 3 years ago and though a spinoff using the Alltel brand ended up in some areas, Phoenix wasn't one of them.
Sadly, good call. The copyright is to 2011 as well.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM

5,007 posts, read 2,969,446 times
I called PF Changs Corporate office last month & was told they don't have any plans to open up here in the near future.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 PM

2,833 posts, read 2,911,487 times
I'm surprised they (PF Changs) were even exploring the idea of a restaurant here, or was it just a company that attempted to lure them here?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 AM

45 posts, read 34,726 times
Photo update on Dick's
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-dsc00927.jpg   Greenville Area Developments-dsc00930.jpg  

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 AM

33 posts, read 28,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Well that's sure to turn away some prospective students. At least they're letting them bring cars.
Were they not allowed to brings cars as freshmen before?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM

33 posts, read 28,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I never liked Charlie's but it's still bad that they closed, I guess it's time for us to speculate which restaurant will move there. I would love for a Bahama Breeze to pen there if renovated but I don't think they open new restaurants anymore and our market may be too small for them.

But has anyone ever been to this health foods store in the Carolinian Center (I believe that's the name of it, it's directly across the street from Kohls), the store is beside the DMV. Well anyways I've never been but the store is always packed every time o do see it, do you guys think a store similar to that would do good in Uptown? I have no experience with business but I've always said that I would open a small health foods store someday and I realized Uptown would be the perfect location. If that health foods store that isn't even visible by road, and not in a very diserable shopping center can do well, then I'm positive Uptown would be support it well but anyways, what are your thoughts on this?
What in the world are you talking about? I didn't think there was a health foods store over there. The only thing even close that I'm aware of is the Asain Market place that sells Asian groceries and a lot of that is NOT health food. The only health food stores I've seen in Greenville is Oakmont Health Food Store on Charles. I actually don't know how he stays in business. He's a nice guy but his selection is minmal at best and his prices our ridiculous. And I mean absolutely, completely, insanely over priced.

The best option for a health food store needs to be a co-op. Greenville is hugely lacking in affordable, healthy options. Especially since the farmers market is pretty weak too. And if anyone suggests that Fresh Market is a health food store, you should be slapped! I'm not even going to go off on that rabbit trail. Anyways, Co-op, plain and simple would be awesome! It's the only way to get reasonable, local and health specialty items at affordable prices unless Whole Foods comes into town. But let's be honest, there is no way that's going to happen in an area that is competeing for the fast-food, obesity and diabetes capital of the country. Plus this area could use a community centered grocer that could help bring the few health conscience people in the area together while helping to educate those that are interested.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:49 AM

286 posts, read 305,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big77wick View Post
Were they not allowed to brings cars as freshmen before?
I was told by relatives older than me that years ago first years living on campus were not allowed to have cars. ECU didn't have the parking to support it. Then they fenced in that gravel lot out by the Salvation Army and started allowing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina