Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

Police arrest 31 in gang operation...

The Daily Reflector

This may just be my opinion, but in the past few months since the Chief Anderson left, I've seen less major crime reports & more arrest stories. When a crime does happen it seems that the suspects are located within two days or so. I know we are going through a lengthy Police Chief search but I hope Joe Bartlett gets a look..seems to be doing a good job so far...or at least a much better job than Anderson did IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 AM

54 posts, read 75,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Featuring the NC State Steelers?

not sure why the sarcasm. ive been there and I liked the set up and would be ECU themed.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
That would do great here, where would you put it at again? And I think Phil A. Delphia was pointing out that the restaurant supports the Steelers although it seems like a NC State type of place.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:06 AM

54 posts, read 75,597 times
Id obviously like for it to be downtown, and if the money was there Id definitely rather tear down an eye sore then to just place it in an old building. Id say tear down the thai restaurant or the building across the street from it (is it the taft building? not sure if its even being used). Obviously if they get going on the evans gateway and dickinson that could open up other options.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
not sure why the sarcasm. ive been there and I liked the set up and would be ECU themed.
I'm sure the place is fine, but Sammy's is a sports bar, not a NC State sports bar. I've looked at photos on google and their own website, which features logos of State, the Steelers, Hurricanes, West Virginia, Georgia Bulldogs, and the Nebraska Corn Huskers. The red paint and wolf mascot does not make it strictly State themed. They have jerseys, helmets, posters, etc. from various teams, college and pro. Every sports bar has those. Even McDonald's and Wendy's will sometimes feature a jersey or a framed photo or two. A one-school or team theme would never work because the school or team would insist sharing the sales results since the place would be generating income based on trademark usage.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:52 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
If Newton Grove can do a roundabout, Greenville can. It isn't that two-lane screw up in Raleigh either. I rather go a constant 5-10mph waiting to go through a roundabout, than speed up and stop like at a stoplight. And this area is still relatively remote, compared to Greenville Blvd/Charles/Evans/etc. People should be good to go once Wally World is rocking.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Yeah, I've slightly changed my argument on roundabouts. It isn't a bad idea, in fact more should be built gradually as people adapt to them. But I still believe for a few years a spike in fender-benders will occur in the area where the roundabout is going to be built.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
The city received a $200,000 Brownfield Grant from the EPA. Its the 3rd time we've received this grant.

Brownfields are real property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant. Cleaning up and reinvesting in these properties protects the environment, reduces blight, and takes development pressures off greenspaces and working lands.

Here is the release from the EPA.

PDF of Brownfields and Redevelopment Criteria (Warning: LARGE PDF)

Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM

36 posts, read 63,370 times
I hear someone bought the old Home Depot building...anyone know what they have in store for it?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusmitty View Post
I hear someone bought the old Home Depot building...anyone know what they have in store for it?
According to the Daily Reflector it will be turned into a sort of mini mall. The interior will be divided up for individual shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina