Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 05:15 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I see that ECU has cut down all trees in those gravel parking lots on 14th street in between the football stadium & the dorms...are they planning on paving those two lots? Sure would look a lot nicer.
Yes. That is the near-term plan. Eventually, after the two new Dorm buildings are constructed at the former Belk Dorm, College Hill Drive will connect directly to Dowdy-Ficklen. As opposed to the turns you currently have to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
HAE looked at the new Drew Steele Center and Elm Street baseball park? Both are looking amazing. I'll try and stop over there and take pictures soon. Only thing to make that strip better would be to extend the median all the way to 10th St.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times
Quote:
HAE looked at the new Drew Steele Center and Elm Street baseball park? Both are looking amazing. I'll try and stop over there and take pictures soon. Only thing to make that strip better would be to extend the median all the way to 10th St.
I drove by there Saturday on the way home...both look really good. The little league ballpark is crazy - I can only imagine what the visiting teams will think when they hold the tourney again this year.

Also - what is the Drew Steele center supposed to function as? I'm assuming a place for special populations for exercise & events.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times
well - did my own research:

Quote:
The Drew Steele Center will be a modern facility created to allow access to all Greenville residents regardless of their physical abilities. Funding has been provided through private donations, a Parks and Recreation Trust Fund grant, and from the City of Greenville. The total cost of construction of the project should be no more than $1,297,275.
Work on the first of two phases is scheduled to last at least 18 months and will include gym and restroom renovations, visitor reception and multi-use areas, a weight room, accessibility modifications, office space, a trail connector to the Greenway, and other outdoor improvements.
Also found this Elm Street Master Plan that has been around forever, but I've never viewed it before...going to be nice little area over there. Too bad Eppes still looks like a dump. I wish they could afford to put up a privacy fence around the grassy area with all the ball fields, looks ratty...but I know the school system has no $ for that.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...%29%281%29.pdf

Last edited by jpirate; 06-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: h

Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 AM

33 posts, read 69,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
(btw do you have any suggestions for movies on Netflix? lol I have it but irately use it because it's mostly TV shows now). And haha I need to lose a few pounds, not having a job and being out of school is adding pounds by the day (not really, my doctor said I lost 7 pounds but it feels like I'm gaining lol).

Btw I had to go to the ER yesterday to visit a family member and I could only think "Vidant & ECU have a great partnership and they make serious cash." I haven't been to the ER in years, but when I went yesterday I saw all new buildings on the left hand side that were pretty huge. Do they belong to ECU or Vidant, or both? It's amazing to see all the growth.
Although this is clearly off topic, I prefer to watch something educational and entertaining. Here's a list of my favorites, especially if you're concerned about your health. These will get you started. Let me know if what you thought and if you want more.

Forks Over Knives

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

The Gerson Miracle

The Beautiful Truth

Food Matters

Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM

232 posts, read 474,842 times
Looked like they were starting a new building pad where the exxon was on evans and greenville blvd. I have a feeling they are just rebuilding the exxon. the gas sign is still up and the pad looks to be similar in size.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM

286 posts, read 652,846 times
They'll need to bury new tanks though. The old ones were removed.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
They'll need to bury new tanks though. The old ones were removed.
hmm i'm not very knowledgeable about gas tanks but i wonder if that why the demolition occurred. I just don't think it's a coincidence that the exxon sign is still up

Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 AM

also wanted to add that if the population growth rate has been steady since the 2010 census. we should be crossing the 90,000 mark sometime this month. we average around 2,800 new residents a year. not sure if that is a milestone for new business or not. im sure 100,000 will open more eyes to business

Old 06-04-2012, 12:48 PM

26 posts, read 50,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
hmm i'm not very knowledgeable about gas tanks but i wonder if that why the demolition occurred. I just don't think it's a coincidence that the exxon sign is still up
I honestly have no clue what they are doing with it, but I'm betting the car dealership bought it and is extending their parking lot. They have to dig up the tanks for environmental reasons. I think they are leaving the sign up and will just change it over to match the car dealership business.

Again, all just speculation on my part, but since the dealership used 1/2 that lot anyway before the place closed, I'm willing to bet they are just taking over the whole thing. the lot is so small you can't do a whole lot with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina