U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,932 times

Advertisements

The Bells Fork McDonald's has been torn down and is being rebuilt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 11:56 AM

3,287 posts, read 5,439,753 times
To inform all Greenville posters, we may have our own forum soon on city-data but we must keep several threads up-to-date in order to have one. This includes:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...ille-town.html
This particular thread is where talks of communities/subdivisions/etc will be occur from now on.

Greenville Area Schools (Questions and Answers)
This thread will be where members from other areas can ask questions about particular schools and we (the Greenville area members) answer them.

East Carolina University in Greenville
This will be informational in regards to ECU (East Carolina University).

If any of you would like to create another thread or have a idea pertaining to something useful in Greenville, you may post it in this thread and we'll get this on the roll.

Thank you for reading & hopefully complying with me on updating these threads.

-BMOREBOY

Last edited by BMORE; 06-05-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 02:57 PM

839 posts, read 1,040,195 times
non-Greenville...but since we were on the topic of round-a-bouts a page or so ago...

Raleigh has had enough with their 2 lane one & will be changing it one lane...

Raleigh to reduce lanes on Hillsborough traffic circle :: WRAL.com

Quote:
Raleigh, N.C. — Over the course of two years, drivers have been so confused by the two-lane traffic pattern in the traffic circle at Hillsborough Street and Pullen Road that Raleigh has decided to pull the plug.
City and state traffic engineers will work together over the summer to reduce it to one lane, hoping to ease traffic and frustration. They expect the work to be done before North Carolina State University students return for the fall semester.
The city spent $800 in 2010 to print 2,000 pamphlets with detailed instructions on how to navigate the roundabout, which passes by the N.C. State Bell Tower.
The Hillsborough Street junction has signs and pavement markings directing traffic, but neither option seemed to stick with drivers.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,046,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
To inform all Greenville posters, we may have our own forum soon on city-data but we must keep several threads up-to-date in order to have one. This includes:

If any of you would like to create another thread or have a idea pertaining to something useful in Greenville, you may post it in this thread and we'll get this on the roll.

-BMOREBOY
I will do as much as I can!

It would be helpful if the admins can redirect these types of posts into those threads.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 PM

31 posts, read 47,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post

-BMOREBOY
great news, we hope to relocate to the area in the next couple of months and this forum has been extremely helpful.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:57 PM

3,287 posts, read 5,439,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I will do as much as I can!

It would be helpful if the admins can redirect these types of posts into those threads.
Thank you! I'm glad you are on board with this because you and a few other posters have very informational post that could help us have our own forum. Because I've bothering the mods a lot lately, I'll just copy the text your talking about into other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineandMike View Post
great news, we hope to relocate to the area in the next couple of months and this forum has been extremely helpful.
Great! it's great that we've been helpful and that you soon will be able join & enjoy our community.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM

232 posts, read 398,584 times
Rumors has closed downtown. Haven't heard why but I haven't seen it open for over a month and have seen other employees now employed at other establishments.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:07 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,405,739 times
Shore To Door Seafood Market on Fire Tower just announced today on FB that they are opening a Crab & Oyster Restaurant In September. They didn't say where, but I am assuming where they currently have the store.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 40,156 times
I believe the old Exxon on the corner of Evans and Greenville Blvd is going to be an office building. I too thought it was going to be the car lot. I can't remember where I heard that, but I do have a friend that works at that lot and I think he was the one that said it was going to be an office building, but not for them.

As for the Crab & Oyster Bar are we sure it's not going in the old Wimpies/Warehouse location? The people that owned Wimpies still own the building and still have all of the oyster bar equipment. We moved to Atlanta in January, but I believe Warehouse was closed or in the process of closing when we left.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM

77 posts, read 130,714 times
Warehouse is still open, although I have no idea how or why since there is hardly anyone ever there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina