Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 08:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,735,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The Convention and Visitors Authority is good discussion to move the City's Visitor Center to the east side of Evans St, north of 5th. Even if its a government entity, its good to have these type things moving downtown.

That excuse of a building, located on west 5th St, across from the gas station is either going to be repaired or HOPEFULLY torn down. The Code Enforcement has been after them. This doesn't include the Mosque, which is the eastern of the two buildings.
5th St. or 10th?

Also please enlighten me on the visitors center. Will this be different than the Chamber of Commerce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 AM

889 posts, read 1,329,167 times
I see that Colony Tire was bought out by Mr. Tire ... will they be changing the name of all their Colony Tire stores in town or stay with the same name?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,931 times
Could someone share the link for the plans/map of the new Wal-Mart out on 33/Portertown? I had the link and can't find it now, and checked through this thread for quite a bit and couldn't find it either.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM

DMV Arrests Four Vehicle Inspectors, Suspends Two Jiffy Lube Locations

The Jiffy Lube on Greenville Blvd. has had its authority to do inspections suspended for 10.5 years and the one on Memorial for three years. I wonder if their loss in this income coupled with their loss in sales that will probably come with a big hit in their reputation will cause Jiffy Lube to either close the boulevard location or bail on the Greenville market entirely.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECU09er View Post
Could someone share the link for the plans/map of the new Wal-Mart out on 33/Portertown? I had the link and can't find it now, and checked through this thread for quite a bit and couldn't find it either.
WRS Real Estate Inc. | Property Detail

There's a map on the left side of the page.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM

889 posts, read 1,329,167 times
Quote:
The Jiffy Lube on Greenville Blvd. has had its authority to do inspections suspended for 10.5 years and the one on Memorial for three years. I wonder if their loss in this income coupled with their loss in sales that will probably come with a big hit in their reputation will cause Jiffy Lube to either close the boulevard location or bail on the Greenville market entirely.
I've never understood how they afford to have two right across the street from one another on g-ville blvd. I'm not sure how much places like that make off of the inspections but I guess a lot of people probably bring it in for an inspection & go ahead & get their oil changed at the same time ... which probably leads them to coming back in with your air filter & trying to get you to buy a new one or new wiper blades or something stupid like that...so I guess it will be a loss in business. The hit in reputation could be real bad though. I haven't been to a Jiffy Lube in 15 years & this certainly doesn't make me want to go back. If they went out of business I would not be sad.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,220,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
It used to be in the building where the GUC credit union is now.
That is on the west side of Evans. They are looking at the east side. That backs up to the parking lot at 4th and Cotanche.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,220,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
5th St. or 10th?

Also please enlighten me on the visitors center. Will this be different than the Chamber of Commerce?
North of 5th Street.

No need for hostilities. I am just reporting, not bringing anything else. But since you don't understand the difference, a Chamber of Commerce is an organization of local businesses whose goal is to further the interests of businesses. The Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce is the recognized voice for business in Pitt County and beyond.

The Convention & Visitors Bureau is here for private citizens of Greenville and people visiting Greenville. So they can find things to do, places to say, places to eat, etc. Currently they're in the Convention Center. I guess their idea is to move downtown, where hopefully more visitors will be (or in the future).

Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
North of 5th Street.

No need for hostilities.
?

I don't know what to do with how you've decided how I feel, but thanks for all that info. I appreciate it.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 AM

39 posts, read 70,888 times
SweetFrog is not open yet -- hasn't even begun the build out.

The former location of Peppermints on 10th street has a business going in called "Campus Calzones".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina