U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 AM

451 posts, read 1,687,895 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what's going in the old Texas Steakhouse location on Greenville Blvd? I saw that it had been repainted and that it was now "Under Contract".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 04:09 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,037 times
There is also something going on in the old Piggly Wiggly in Ayden. Construction workers are inside and the lights are on.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
Anyone know what's going in the old Texas Steakhouse location on Greenville Blvd? I saw that it had been repainted and that it was now "Under Contract".
The Reflector mentioned the work on that building, but they didn't have any information on who purchased or what it will be.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:30 PM

50 posts, read 134,318 times
I was born and raised in Greenville, NC.
I moved to Florida when I was 27 and have only been back once Since 1996.
The town sure has grown.
I thought Pactolus would be a metropolitan paradise by now...
:-)

Old 08-10-2009, 01:42 PM

20 posts, read 47,649 times
hey bmoreboy do you know if there is still talk of a downtown hotel? If so we should definitely look in to getting one of these. Except ECU themed of course.

Georgia Gameday Center - A Luxury Sports Condominium in the Heart of Athens Georgia - Go Bulldogs! Game Day Condos, Suites, Apartments and Hotel Rooms Available for Football Weekends.

I think we need more things along the lines of this that are ECU oriented. I think we need an ECU restraunt somewhere, maybe along the lines of " The Purple and Gold" or Pee Dees Grill and Bar. Just something to make this college town have a little more ECU feel. Ive been to athens ga, and chapel hill and it just seems throughout the town its either UGA, UNC or nothing. I think Greenville needs to be ECU or nothing. ECU is what makes greenville what it is and it doesnt seem like the city supports ECU the way ECU supports greenville.

I also would like to see the daily reflector go from its boring green to implementing some purple and gold into it. Some people may not be happy, but without ECU we are just another kinston or goldsboro. With ECU improving its academics as well as athletics we are now looking like a first destination instead of a 2nd or 3rd for many kids.

One last thing I wish when you enter the city limits there was a sign that said not only welcome to greenville but also home to East Carolina University. Saturdays in the fall have always been special but little things like this can go a long way when an opposing fan comes into town and sees the pageantry ECU and greenville has for its Pirates.

Just a little bit of venting here but maybe this can be sent to the city council or something. We need to paint the town the right colors and not cater to the state and carolina crowd because they would not do the same for us. Maybe bmoreboy can help things like this get passed along. GO PIRATES!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
per The Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/features/new-chef-new-menu-at-brook-valleys-lakeview-room-770488.html - broken link) today:

Quote:
Plaza Azteca
The former Texas Steakhouse at 400 S.W. Greenville Blvd. will soon become Plaza Azteca, according to a sign in the window. The exterior has been repainted yellow, orange, green and lavender and palm trees have been planted out front.
“Hot Dish” will have more details as they become available.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM

451 posts, read 1,687,895 times
Thanks for posting that^ We have a lot of Mexican restaurants...I will definitely try it out.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:09 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,433,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncthompson11 View Post
hey bmoreboy do you know if there is still talk of a downtown hotel? If so we should definitely look in to getting one of these. Except ECU themed of course.

Georgia Gameday Center - A Luxury Sports Condominium in the Heart of Athens Georgia - Go Bulldogs! Game Day Condos, Suites, Apartments and Hotel Rooms Available for Football Weekends.

I think we need more things along the lines of this that are ECU oriented. I think we need an ECU restraunt somewhere, maybe along the lines of " The Purple and Gold" or Pee Dees Grill and Bar. Just something to make this college town have a little more ECU feel. Ive been to athens ga, and chapel hill and it just seems throughout the town its either UGA, UNC or nothing. I think Greenville needs to be ECU or nothing. ECU is what makes greenville what it is and it doesnt seem like the city supports ECU the way ECU supports greenville.

I also would like to see the daily reflector go from its boring green to implementing some purple and gold into it. Some people may not be happy, but without ECU we are just another kinston or goldsboro. With ECU improving its academics as well as athletics we are now looking like a first destination instead of a 2nd or 3rd for many kids.

One last thing I wish when you enter the city limits there was a sign that said not only welcome to greenville but also home to East Carolina University. Saturdays in the fall have always been special but little things like this can go a long way when an opposing fan comes into town and sees the pageantry ECU and greenville has for its Pirates.

Just a little bit of venting here but maybe this can be sent to the city council or something. We need to paint the town the right colors and not cater to the state and carolina crowd because they would not do the same for us. Maybe bmoreboy can help things like this get passed along. GO PIRATES!
I'm not in Greenville right now...but I hope that the hotel is still planned! I thought there was a sign saying "Welcome to Greenville, home of East Carolina University" in Greenville though? I wish there was a visitor center for Greenville, not a official NCDOT paid for one but just a place to visit! You have some pretty good ideas though!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:50 AM

2 large underground storage tanks, they look like gasoline tanks, have appeared at the development on the corner of Stantonsburg and 264. It's starting to look like a gas station C store type deal. More quality development for Greenville.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 AM

Yup! I just looked it up on OPIS. There is a Wilco Hess going up on the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina