U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Renegade View Post
The new Indian restaurant Kasturi (which is located by the Hospital next to Starbucks), is having their ribbon cutting ceremony on Thursday. They have been open for a while, but I guess it's something of a relaunch. The mayor will be out to cut the ribbon and they will have all day events starting around lunchtime. Live Music, traditional Indian games, great food and refreshments. The ribbon cutting is around 3:30. More info on the Facebook page if your interested.

I've had some of the other Indian places in Greenville and they are okay but I personally think this is the best one. Hopefully it will drive some business for him.

https://www.greenvillenc.org/Event-I...x_calendar_pi1[f1]=435&tx_calendar_pi1[f4]=1340856000&cHash=421cdd5fdb62c5064bbcce02152082e3
Thanks for the info. I saw this last week or so. I think Dales (Dells?) is pretty good, but very expensive, I hope the new place is more realistic. We lived in London for three years and became Indian dependent. Over there a lot of places were "holes in the wall" but the food was superb..that is what we need, long on food and short on fake Indian atmosphere.

If the mayor is coming out, it sounds like maybe this will not fit the bill, but we will certainly give it a try, soon.

Edit:

Nope: checked the link, way too much "atmosphere" and astronomical pricing! Well, at least I know. Phooey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 AM
LLN

It seems like in North Carolina, the "cool" thing to do is to hire City Managers from out or state. Very similar to community college presidents. Just does not make sense..if you are going to get a mediocre persons, at least hire someone from the state!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 AM

45 posts, read 62,553 times
Latest on Dick's Sporting Goods.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-dsg1.jpg   Greenville Area Developments-dsg2.jpg  

Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM

77 posts, read 130,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Nope: checked the link, way too much "atmosphere" and astronomical pricing! Well, at least I know. Phooey!
The $8 lunch buffet is a very good value (IMO). Indian dinners in the US are always too expensive, for some reason.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 AM

33 posts, read 57,250 times
I tried the new Indian places buffet and it did not even come close to as good as Dale's. All the food on the buffet was very spicy (although I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to spicy food). I understand this is typical for Indian but usually they are smart enough to not do this with a buffet. Dales can be expensive but if you order from the menu. Although they do have a resatraunt.com coupon that you can buy for like $2 and use it go $10 off a $25 or more bill. you can only use one a month but they, unlike Tabeya, honor the coupon. The new Indian place's food also seemed to be a bit over-cooked as well.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,165 times
will be interested to see how Dicks' affects Overtons.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
LLN

If I could cook it, I'd open a near dive, with cheap Indian food, and make a fortune.

Don't know why these Indian restaurants all have to go high class and all that. I don't want mirrors, I don't want elegant furniture, and you can keep the sitar if it adds to the price. I don't even want cloth table cloths and napkins, just some tandoori, tikka masala, kourma a little basmati rice and naan, That is it...would be the analog to a bbq joint!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM

68 posts, read 101,579 times
bonefish grill is opening on September 20th and Dicks sporting goods sometime in August or late July and Pf Changs will start construction in late July and Cheesecake factory

Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 PM

286 posts, read 552,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
Pf Changs will start construction in late July and Cheesecake factory
I find this part hard to believe. Greensboro/Winston Salem doesn't even have a Cheesecake Factory.
Hell, Charlotte only has one of them.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:21 PM

36 posts, read 53,647 times
PF Changs...Cheesecake Factory...don't think we are big enough for them to be coming here are we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina