Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,244,690 times

Advertisements

The sign is on up on the former Los Charros Building the new Seafood Restaurant is called Buc's Seafood but I cannot find out any more additional information.

Has anyone tried the Mongolian Hu Hut Restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM

33 posts, read 69,601 times
My wife and I tried the Hu Hot and were suprised. I'm usually pretty skeptical of the restaraunts in this area, especially new ones because they don't tend to stay in business. However, the service was very friendly (not typical of Greenville) and the food was decent and well priced. I especially like being able to see all of the fresh refrigarated produce in the large glass walk-in refrigarator. Plus they had a lot of options for vegetarians to make your own no meat meals. I'd recommend giving them a try.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,099,400 times
I am a little disappointed that this thread has turned into not much more than a restaurant review thread. That's kinda sad.

If anyone wants to see where the road extensions (there are still many planned) and the new bypasses will be you can look at this plan from the Greenville Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization. Although it is dated December 2004 it is still current. The dashed roads are the ones that have been built (such as the Thomas Langston extension and the Stantonsburg Rd-E 10th St alignment) and roads yet to be started. The only project not yet started in the north part of the city is the Allen Rd extension. Most of the new work will be in Winterville and Ayden.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...plan%20map.pdf

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,191,811 times
I haven't been to Greenville in a while, but I was wondering if the spaces in the building Fresh Market is in have ever had any tenants.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:17 PM

68 posts, read 119,677 times
wasnt there talk about nc11 turining into a major highway

Old 07-16-2012, 01:42 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,099,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
wasnt there talk about nc11 turining into a major highway
Are you talking about the South Western Bypass? That is still scheduled to be done. The Recession has buggered up the available funds.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM

26 posts, read 50,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I haven't been to Greenville in a while, but I was wondering if the spaces in the building Fresh Market is in have ever had any tenants.
No they are still empty last I saw. With the hundreds of Yogurt shops popping up I'm surprised one didn't go there (seemed like a decent location) but the rent must be out of this world.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,191,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Renegade View Post
No they are still empty last I saw. With the hundreds of Yogurt shops popping up I'm surprised one didn't go there (seemed like a decent location) but the rent must be out of this world.
Yeah I stopped by last weekend and it was empty. Last time I was there was about a year ago and it was the same, and before then I can't remember any other stores in that building. Seems like such a waste with that giant parking lot.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Are you talking about the South Western Bypass? That is still scheduled to be done. The Recession has buggered up the available funds.
They put money from that transportation bond (I forgot the name of it) towards that project. But it doesn't get started until like 2016.

I just want the 10th Street connector to show progress. Now is when they're suppose to buy up the land.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I am a little disappointed that this thread has turned into not much more than a restaurant review thread. That's kinda sad.

If anyone wants to see where the road extensions (there are still many planned) and the new bypasses will be you can look at this plan from the Greenville Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization. Although it is dated December 2004 it is still current. The dashed roads are the ones that have been built (such as the Thomas Langston extension and the Stantonsburg Rd-E 10th St alignment) and roads yet to be started. The only project not yet started in the north part of the city is the Allen Rd extension. Most of the new work will be in Winterville and Ayden.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...plan%20map.pdf
There is also talk to make Allen Road a multi-lane road, with sidewalks/landscaping etc.

I haven't seen any mention of extending Allen Road anytime soon. It definitely would help with more construction there, and hopefully get rid of the riff raff over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina