U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
Reputation: 1074

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
You are welcome! Ever since TDR went to a paywall, many people aren't able to read it.
That conversion is why I started coming here on a regular basis. I think this place may be more informative in some regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM
 
50 posts, read 59,502 times
Reputation: 13
I am from jacksonville nc but went to east carolina and I swear jacksonville is copying every move of greenvilles. We get a five guys they get a five guys. We get a ale house they do. Same thing for BWWs and Cheddars. Now look at this. One article from yesterday and the 2nd is from today.


Parking Deck
downtown parking deck out of question | county, parking, jacksonville - County - News Source for Jacksonville, North Carolina - jdnews.com


Intermodal Center

City seeks input for central transportation hub | input, central, city - News Source for Jacksonville, North Carolina - jdnews.com


Just thought it was funny lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
 
232 posts, read 398,647 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
I am from jacksonville nc but went to east carolina and I swear jacksonville is copying every move of greenvilles. We get a five guys they get a five guys. We get a ale house they do. Same thing for BWWs and Cheddars. Now look at this. One article from yesterday and the 2nd is from today.


Parking Deck
downtown parking deck out of question | county, parking, jacksonville - County - News Source for Jacksonville, North Carolina - jdnews.com


Intermodal Center

City seeks input for central transportation hub | input, central, city - News Source for Jacksonville, North Carolina - jdnews.com


Just thought it was funny lol
50,000 people have already seen this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM
 
286 posts, read 553,181 times
Reputation: 172
Wow this must be Greenville's best kept secret. The local library has Reflector online for free, you just need a library card.

Infoweb Login: SheppardMemorialLibrary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Wake Forest, NC
26 posts, read 43,415 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Wow this must be Greenville's best kept secret. The local library has Reflector online for free, you just need a library card.

Infoweb Login: SheppardMemorialLibrary

It doesn't look like you even need a library card. I'm able to look at the restricted Reflector info without logging in at all. I didn't know about the site so thanks for the info.

And for those that go there looking for the reflector (since the link isn't a direct link to the reflector) pick the link that says "America's news" then choose North Carolina and look for the Daily Reflector. It looks like you can pick just about any towns newspaper from the link but I didn't try any others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,190,506 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Wow this must be Greenville's best kept secret. The local library has Reflector online for free, you just need a library card.

Infoweb Login: SheppardMemorialLibrary
If you are a student/faculty/staff member at ECU, you can get free access to TDR as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 AM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,190,506 times
Reputation: 2359
So as you may know WITN is building a new facility on Arlington Blvd. It should be ready by March. What is new to me, is that pretty much all of WITN is moving to Greenville. Currently, they are in Chocowinity. All of the news operation is moving here. They will open a Washington Bureau, that is actually in Washington. And it is suppose to be state-of-the-art (I hate using that term). Robotic cameras on tracks and everything. I am just ready for freaking HDTV.

I originally was under the assumption that they were building another Greenville Bureau. But that isn't the case. Great news for Greenville and Washington. Unfortunately, not for Chocowinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,043,456 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
So as you may know WITN is building a new facility on Arlington Blvd. It should be ready by March. What is new to me, is that pretty much all of WITN is moving to Greenville. Currently, they are in Chocowinity. All of the news operation is moving here. They will open a Washington Bureau, that is actually in Washington. And it is suppose to be state-of-the-art (I hate using that term). Robotic cameras on tracks and everything. I am just ready for freaking HDTV.

I originally was under the assumption that they were building another Greenville Bureau. But that isn't the case. Great news for Greenville and Washington. Unfortunately, not for Chocowinity.
Will their weather radar tower be in Greenville as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM
 
286 posts, read 553,181 times
Reputation: 172
They might move the radar to the transmission site in Grifton. That's what WRAL did (Doppler 5000 is at their main transmitter in Garner).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,190,506 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Will their weather radar tower be in Greenville as well?
I don't think so. Maybe once they buy a new one (no plans for it now), they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top