U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times

Advertisements

Can't wait for Heather King in HD. Whoo hoo! It's About freaking time! Cassandra Bell is going to need to get some better wigs cause they are going to look a mess in HD. I hope the building looks legit & they put some money into it to make it look nice. I love what the ABC affiliate did in Raleigh downtown.

Now - when will WNCT step up to the plate to make it to HD...odds are it will be awhile, that has to be one of the stingiest spending stations in the world. I still remember when I was a kid & my parents would drive 'way out' by the WNCT station..it felt like it was in the sticks back then...ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:47 PM

68 posts, read 101,617 times
witn and wral have HD on my tv's do they not on yours

Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM

77 posts, read 130,667 times
The local WITN news, and some syndicated programming is not in HD, but the national broadcast stuff is in HD.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,186,224 times
WITN are the guinea pigs for Grey Media (or whatever the parent company is called). Everything WITN gets/does, will be used as a cookie cutter for future stations in that family.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM

36 posts, read 53,663 times
Read news story that Schlotzkys had closed...heard rumor of new restaurant going in there....Noodles & Company?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM

3,286 posts, read 5,436,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusmitty View Post
Read news story that Schlotzkys had closed...heard rumor of new restaurant going in there....Noodles & Company?
I wouldn't want Noodles & Company anywhere but Downtown.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 PM

45 posts, read 62,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Great news, that I didn't expect to happen so quickly:

The Daily Reflector

Greenville connects to Amtrak

"Starting this fall, Amtrak shuttle buses will come to Greenville to connect eastern North Carolina with high-speed passenger rail service nationwide, the federal train operator announced Monday."

For more information on "Thruway Service" here:
Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd probably never use this shuttle although I use Amtrak frequently, but nevertheless it's positive news for Greenville and East Carolina as a whole. It seems like a lot more progress is being achieved under the new mayor, I'm not sure if it's just good timing or not but I applaud his efforts.
Begins October 3

Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,749 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want Noodles & Company anywhere but Downtown.
Problem is they wouldn't survive downtown right now...not enough people down there, same problem as always.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,041,419 times
I find it interesting that Calvin Mercer said in his newsletter that he found out about the bankruptcy court plans in an article. If the city council wasn't kept in the loop in this matter, who on the city-end of the deal was involved in the process? I know the council didn't need to vote on this or anything, but one would think they get to have input on such matters, especially when they're trying to plan for future projects like the intermodal center, which the council was last (known) planning on evaluating the site of the new court for the intermodal center. It's one thing for us to be guessing/wondering/wishing about things on CD, but I think anyone involved in planning the city's future ought to at least be informed about what's happening.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:19 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,186,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Problem is they wouldn't survive downtown right now...not enough people down there, same problem as always.
Sadly, you are right. That is why we desperately need more professionals working uptown. Then this would spur the addition of more upscale restaurants and retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I find it interesting that Calvin Mercer said in his newsletter that he found out about the bankruptcy court plans in an article. If the city council wasn't kept in the loop in this matter, who on the city-end of the deal was involved in the process? I know the council didn't need to vote on this or anything, but one would think they get to have input on such matters, especially when they're trying to plan for future projects like the intermodal center, which the council was last (known) planning on evaluating the site of the new court for the intermodal center. It's one thing for us to be guessing/wondering/wishing about things on CD, but I think anyone involved in planning the city's future ought to at least be informed about what's happening.
IIRC, the GSA basically did everything on their own. Not much discussion with the City. Thankfully, they got a pretty decent piece of land. I would rather it be across from the fire station and Greenville utilities (Pughs block), but oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina