U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times

Advertisements

Pretty great details about the Stratford Arms tear down.
The university recycled, reused or sold 77% of all waste. Nine trees were removed, but that left 145 trees.

Stratform Arms Trees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 PM

872 posts, read 1,718,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Pretty great details about the Stratford Arms tear down.
The university recycled, reused or sold 77% of all waste. Nine trees were removed, but that left 145 trees.

Stratform Arms Trees
Great to see that their are still people and organizations that value trees. I don't know anything about the former complex- from the few posts on it I'd guess that it was somewhat blighted. If that is true, the transformation would be amazing. Living in a college town, I know that there are often some folks that bemoan any loss of taxable property to a non-taxed entity. Any issues like that in Greenville?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 AM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,448 times
The Daily Reflector

Noodles & Co. is indeed coming to University Commons, and Christinne's is getting an overhaul with a new name.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Great to see that their are still people and organizations that value trees. I don't know anything about the former complex- from the few posts on it I'd guess that it was somewhat blighted. If that is true, the transformation would be amazing. Living in a college town, I know that there are often some folks that bemoan any loss of taxable property to a non-taxed entity. Any issues like that in Greenville?
IIRC, it was built in the 1960s. So its better days are gone, especially in the super-exclusive student housing market. Some of the trees there are fairly large, so it would be disappointing if they were cut down. Now it currently looks like a park, the former apartment shell is completely gone.

People will B&C over anything. But I believe whatever ECU puts there (sans long-term parking), will be an upgrade.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM

The City is wanting East Carolina to help pay for the cost of the Greenway (From Charles Boulevard to River Birch/Rose). There is a part that will go over ECU's land, plus there will be a spur to some sidewalks that ECU owns.

The playground at the Dream Park is now open, two weeks early. The next project is to install a large picnic shelter, which should be in by mid-November

Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM

839 posts, read 1,040,031 times
i noticed today that they have torn down the old Boss Hog's place on 14th street (corner of 14th & G-ville Blvd) along with the other building behind it that use to be Hite & Associates Architecture I believe back in the day. I saw they had a for rent sign on it earlier in the year...clearing that mess out is the best thing they could have done. Will be interested to see what if anything goes there..just an empty lot looks better than that old ratty building.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM

3,287 posts, read 5,437,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Ah I meant Bonefish Grille, thanks. It would be nice to have both though. I'm definelty having seafood tomorrow after all this talk, most likely Dixie Queen.

If I had the cash to do it, I would love to open a Noodles & Company in downtown (uptown) Greenville. I imagine that it would be pretty successful, maybe even a Potbelly Sandwich Shop could do well here long as its advertised right.
I find it mighty funny that I mentioned opening a Noodles & Company back in February, now its actually coming. Seems like some developers must be watching this forum lol

Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 AM

21 posts, read 27,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I find it mighty funny that I mentioned opening a Noodles & Company back in February, now its actually coming. Seems like some developers must be watching this forum lol

You never know who is watching,

Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 AM

26 posts, read 43,396 times
Default Dick's Sporting Goods

The building is looking great and it appears to be almost ready to open up. Thought I would post an updated picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-dicks-sporting-goods.jpg  

Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 AM

839 posts, read 1,040,031 times
wohoo - Portertown roundabout is officially open. T-minus 1 hour until someone gets in a wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina