U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 AM

286 posts, read 553,403 times

Advertisements

By radio station you mean WOOW? It's been there at least 50 years, although in the Big WOW top 40 days I think it was on the other side of the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Dined at Wasabi 88 last night and our server confirmed that they are moving to the old Fuddrucker's/Tastyville location on Firetower Rd. because their lease ran out. They hope to open the first of the year after renovations are complete.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,407,621 times
Does anyone know when Bonefish Grill is opening up?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM

45 posts, read 62,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Does anyone know when Bonefish Grill is opening up?
I haven't heard an official date but I did see on the ECU website where the server jobs don't close until Oct 30.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 PM

68 posts, read 101,715 times
Bonefish is set to open October 29th. Dicks sporting goods will have a preview next tueday and grand opening next weekend starting on thursday.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM

3,288 posts, read 5,442,620 times
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...|img|FRONTPAGE

Greenville visits Greenville; hopefully Greenville learns from Greenville's success. lol

Old 09-16-2012, 04:00 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,048,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...|img|FRONTPAGE

Greenville visits Greenville; hopefully Greenville learns from Greenville's success. lol
Until there is a complete change in who actually runs downtown Greenville (the bars and night clubs) it will remain just what it is now. A place where no reputable retailer that actually wants to stay in business for the long haul, would bother locating there. Bars, clubs and pizza joints are all it's good for now. There is no good reason, other than the prevailing atmosphere, that there are no tall buildings, decent hotels and other amenities in the downtown of a city the size of Greenville.

Greenville will continue to be looked at as a peon town until they do something about the downtown.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 PM

3,288 posts, read 5,442,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Until there is a complete change in who actually runs downtown Greenville (the bars and night clubs) it will remain just what it is now. A place where no reputable retailer that actually wants to stay in business for the long haul, would bother locating there. Bars, clubs and pizza joints are all it's good for now. There is no good reason, other than the prevailing atmosphere, that there are no tall buildings, decent hotels and other amenities in the downtown of a city the size of Greenville.

Greenville will continue to be looked at as a peon town until they do something about the downtown.
I don't know about the fate of Downtown Greenville, NC at the moment; we are taking strives to make it better but we aren't really attempting to bring any retailers, office space, or even more apartments to our downtown. Yes, Downtown is planning new infrastructure such as parking garages, as mentioned on the video on Greenvilleonline.com, a hotel, and doing some "improvements" to the streets to keep traffic low/smooth in the area but the only problem is (in my opinion) is there isn't enough traffic. I'm not saying Downtown Greenville should be filled with cars, but if we somehow knew how to bring more traffic (both vehicular and pedestrians) then maybe more retailers would begin looking at Downtown. Why would any logical retailer open a business where traffic is minimum? I'd want my store in the busiest part of town, or pretty much where McAlisters Deli is. Bring more traffic, so more keep can see my establishment and maybe I'd consider moving to the area.

I'm not saying Downtown should build towers, a skyline or anything but we need to make it desirable.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
but if we somehow knew how to bring more traffic (both vehicular and pedestrians) then maybe more retailers would begin looking at Downtown.
The first and foremost thing to do is make it safe. Downtown is well known to have problems with murders, muggings and assaults. Particularly once the sun goes down. Get rid of those businesses that attract these elements and the problem goes away.

We've had this discussion before and there are people who question where the bars/clubs are supposed to go. I don't care where they go, they just need to leave downtown. The students at ECU don't have a God given right to have a place to drink and act like fools. Let alone an entire city block full of places to do that.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 AM

Maybe north west Greenville needs some good old fashioned gentrification. That area is very close to downtown. I've seen it done before and it can work wonders for downtown areas. Look at Annapolis, MD. You would not have recognized it 30 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina