U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 5,189,357 times
Reputation: 2359

Advertisements

So Pirate's Cove on 10th Street is now 33 East. It will take a change in residents to get that place back like it should.
33 East | ECU student living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Greenville, NC
839 posts, read 1,040,195 times
Reputation: 176
^ i saw that the other day...couldn't they have picked a better name..you're right though...a more selective process for who lives there will help, name change will not.

I went across some of the 'speed humps' downtown today unfortunately..they are horribly small & need to be wider. Why were these installed again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
 
451 posts, read 1,689,118 times
Reputation: 104
Looks like something new is going beside Bolden Automotive...not the mattress place, but the store that used to be a cellular shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 AM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,042,932 times
Reputation: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^ i saw that the other day...couldn't they have picked a better name..you're right though...a more selective process for who lives there will help, name change will not.

I went across some of the 'speed humps' downtown today unfortunately..they are horribly small & need to be wider. Why were these installed again?
Because the downtown crowd at night won't follow traffic rules as pedestrians, therefore the drivers have to concede the road even when they have the right-of-way. They're wide so ambulances and fire trucks don't have to slow down. Oh, and Hummers, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
 
872 posts, read 1,718,717 times
Reputation: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
so then, genius, why not Raleigh? Between the two it's more visible and populous.
Yes, I am a genius. I mean it takes a real genius to realize that Raleigh and Durham are both in the same MSA, making a new VA hospital in Raleigh rather redundant. I am not sure what you are trying to say, but the VA seems to have hospitals in areas that serve large swaths of population- unlike Greenville. No knock on Greenville, but what size of a region is really served? It seems that one closer to the coast, like Wilmington, would make sense in that it would serve a pretty large area as well as being close to military facilities.

Just my .02 worth, but I am a genius!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 PM
 
3,287 posts, read 5,438,783 times
Reputation: 1069
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Yes, I am a genius. I mean it takes a real genius to realize that Raleigh and Durham are both in the same MSA, making a new VA hospital in Raleigh rather redundant. I am not sure what you are trying to say, but the VA seems to have hospitals in areas that serve large swaths of population- unlike Greenville. No knock on Greenville, but what size of a region is really served? It seems that one closer to the coast, like Wilmington, would make sense in that it would serve a pretty large area as well as being close to military facilities.

Just my .02 worth, but I am a genius!
I can overall I agree with what you said, I can't really think of a reason why Greenville would get a VA hospital over say Jacksonville, Wilmington, Etc but nevertheless its great opportunity for Greenville and Pitt County as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
 
451 posts, read 1,689,118 times
Reputation: 104
It's going to be a VA Super Clinic. I assume that it is not going to be a full-fledge hospital. However, Greenville does have a rather large hospital that serves a large service area comprised of several counties. I wouldn't be surprised if the population served was over 500k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 PM
 
872 posts, read 1,718,717 times
Reputation: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I can overall I agree with what you said, I can't really think of a reason why Greenville would get a VA hospital over say Jacksonville, Wilmington, Etc but nevertheless its great opportunity for Greenville and Pitt County as a whole.
A large clinic is so much better than having an our and a half drive for a Vet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
1,256 posts, read 2,109,175 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregorat3 View Post
Yes, I am a genius. I mean it takes a real genius to realize that Raleigh and Durham are both in the same MSA, making a new VA hospital in Raleigh rather redundant. I am not sure what you are trying to say, but the VA seems to have hospitals in areas that serve large swaths of population- unlike Greenville. No knock on Greenville, but what size of a region is really served? It seems that one closer to the coast, like Wilmington, would make sense in that it would serve a pretty large area as well as being close to military facilities.

Just my .02 worth, but I am a genius!
Actually, Durham-Chapel hill is now a separate MSA from Raleigh-Cary.

I don't really care, just trying to stir things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
 
872 posts, read 1,718,717 times
Reputation: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Actually, Durham-Chapel hill is now a separate MSA from Raleigh-Cary.

I don't really care, just trying to stir things up.
True... different MSAs, though they are one CSA. The change doesn't really make much sense, but it is what it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top