Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 PM

286 posts, read 653,200 times

Advertisements

The Attic was one of the best things Greenville had. It could reopen in name but it wouldn't be the same. Acts of the caliber that it drew don't come to venues like that anymore. Times have changed too much I guess.

Sorry for turning the development thread into the Greenville Reminiscing thread :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Even though it has its own thread, the football team accepted an invite to the Big East. So there should be an increased paycheck coming, which will help out.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 AM

21 posts, read 32,578 times
Seen yesterday that they are building apartments on Hooker Rd, any info on that?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Man View Post
Seen yesterday that they are building apartments on Hooker Rd, any info on that?
Where? Right south of Green Mill Run? Aren't those low-cost apartments?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM

21 posts, read 32,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Where? Right south of Green Mill Run? Aren't those low-cost apartments?
Yep I believe thats the ones I seen, they look pretty nice to be turned into low income apartments ("projects")...

Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM

247 posts, read 445,386 times
Have they started building the Walmart? I know last month they were working on curbing and etc.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Have they started building the Walmart? I know last month they were working on curbing and etc.
They are building it ass-backwards. Usually the curbs and parking lot go in after the majority of the building is finished. It is done that way so any last minute utility changes don't tear up brand new work. I guess they have the utmost confidence that they got it right the first time.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM

247 posts, read 445,386 times
Oh okay, I didn't know that. Thanks for that Mr. Martin!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:45 AM

How about another one of my Hypotheticals?

This would be Arlington Boulevard extension into First Street (blue line). Arlington would be extended northward and then eastward and eventually hook up to 1st Street.

The housing around Memorial, 5th, Moye and Tar River would be redeveloped into upper scale mixed used (pinkish). Treybrooke and Moye (green) could connect to it.

The black shaded area, in my opinion, would become an open park. All the trees would be removed and opened up. The greenway would go through here.

The purple area is apart of the redevelopment corridor.

This would give another east-west corridor, to help with 10th and 5th st. It also would remove that housing and bring in something to increase the tax value.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
How about another one of my Hypotheticals?

This would be Arlington Boulevard extension into First Street (blue line). Arlington would be extended northward and then eastward and eventually hook up to 1st Street.

The housing around Memorial, 5th, Moye and Tar River would be redeveloped into upper scale mixed used (pinkish). Treybrooke and Moye (green) could connect to it.

The black shaded area, in my opinion, would become an open park. All the trees would be removed and opened up. The greenway would go through here.

The purple area is apart of the redevelopment corridor.

This would give another east-west corridor, to help with 10th and 5th st. It also would remove that housing and bring in something to increase the tax value.
I like it. It would be a relief for all that traffic trying to funnel down 5th from downtown to the hospital and school of medicine. Is it also possible to connect the entrance to Brook Valley at 10th to Old Pactolus Rd, or would that be too expensive with a bridge and wetland? It seems it would relieve the 10th and Greenville Blvd intersection of some of that traffic from commuters using 264 into the east part of town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina