U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM

21 posts, read 27,444 times

Advertisements

As nice as the Stantonsburg Rd project has been in front Vidant Medical, theres something missing. They paved the road put a median in the road, new stop lights, landscaping and the sidewalks look amazing but WHY isnt there any "street lights on that stretch of road? It way to dark at night...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM

105 posts, read 145,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Man View Post
As nice as the Stantonsburg Rd project has been in front Vidant Medical, theres something missing. They paved the road put a median in the road, new stop lights, landscaping and the sidewalks look amazing but WHY isnt there any "street lights on that stretch of road? It way to dark at night...
Glad to see someone else mention this. I have thought about the lack of street lights every time I have passed the hospital at night. This is one of the crown jewels of Greenville on one of the main entrances to the city. I have wondered why the city hasn't installed street lights on this street.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 AM

21 posts, read 27,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Glad to see someone else mention this. I have thought about the lack of street lights every time I have passed the hospital at night. This is one of the crown jewels of Greenville on one of the main entrances to the city. I have wondered why the city hasn't installed street lights on this street.
Exactly, look at Moye Blvd, Arlington Blvd, Memorial Dr, and 5th street they're all poluted with street lights. Must be more to it, or they probably think the lighting from the hospital parking area is good enough.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:35 AM

840 posts, read 1,041,850 times
I've heard that the old Elbo room & attic property have been sold & will be torn down.

The Stop Shop and Sup Dogs will remain (hopefully they can at least get a new stop shop sign as it looks ghetto as hell.

The new buildings will feature shops and restaurants on the first two floors and private residences on
the top six floors.

If this is true, this is a huge step towards fixing down er, uptown. I'd love to a have nice uptown area, I would most certainly go there to shop & eat if it was a nice place to go.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:13 AM

3,323 posts, read 5,197,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
Stantonsburg NEEDS to be a good looking road. It is the entrance to 75% of the people coming into Greenville. The majority of people coming here, is for the hospital.
  • All of the Stoplights on wires need to go. The black poles, like at W.H. Smith intersection need to be the only ones used.
  • The power poles need to go underground.
  • Medians need to be built, with landscaping/trees planted in them.

Just a few things, because of the importance of this road.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLshannon View Post
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. If you could please send me your account information, I will work wih Management to help resolve this for you. My direct email is shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you.
Interesting....

Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Here is my recommendation for Greenville's bus stop. Though, I might add another bench or two.
You really believe a city of Greenville's size only needs shelters for a central transit hub? a.k.a What we have now?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM

286 posts, read 553,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
You really believe a city of Greenville's size only needs shelters for a central transit hub? a.k.a What we have now?
Yes

Do you really believe in a city this size where everyone has cars that people will actually ever be in the bus station? How often does the bus even show up at the chicken stand as it is? I drive down Dickinson often but rarely see it. I rarely see cabs or anything else, either.

If you want a something larger than a bench, go buy a bigger shelter from the Leonard lot. I gurantee you it won't even get full.

I'm so sick and damn tired of the morons that run this city pissing away tax money on crap like this while other (useful and needed) services fall by the wayside. The only reason this boondoggle existed was so Thom Moton could build his resume and move on. He did. We can stop the high dollar game of charades now.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,046,715 times
From what I understand, Greyhound comes twice a day. I drive down Dickinson daily, and lately (after rarely seeing hardly anyone waiting at the station [gift shop]), there's been a lot more activity there. Perhaps it's the holidays or I've just so happen to be riding by at the right time (6:30). The majority of our bus traffic is GREAT and now we have Amtrak bus service. I still don't think ECU will participate, other than making a stop on a route and having a shuttle from the station to campus. We do need more than a stand, but not a large facility. It looks as if the city has come up a couple of reasonable possibilities that are expandable if necessary, yet functional in the present. I look at getting buses off Reade and building a parking deck as the beginning of presenting the city with a more open palette to work with downtown.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,052,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Interesting....
Shannon got my problems with Suddenlink fixed right the first time. Shannon is a standup person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina