U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
How can you find out the lastest developments in eastern NC??? When you go to the local sites there is nothing???
Read this thread. It won't discuss all of ENC, but Greenville and surrounding areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,188,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Although I created this thread, I don't visit much but I must say I'm proud of the contributions made by all members. It's always a great feeling to come back after a few days and see pages upon pages of new development news going on in Greenville, its sort of like Christmas time, so that's just a special thanks to you all. Anyways, Uptown Greenville is just on the roll right now with new shops, apartments, and etc. being proposed, I'm almost certain some company is looking to place a hotel there now (just speculation). I don't want Greenville to develop a skyline necessarily, but having great street density will take the city to another level. If I had the cash on hand, I'd love to build a couple hundred luxury studio apartments in the city because I know they'll sell well eventually.

Of course Uptown still isn't the place to be, but in the coming future I can see it being vibrant for college students to say the least. Once the city reaches a decent level of development going on, I think the city should start advertising more to get others in the region to visit as opposed to just visiting areas such as the mall.
It says something to have a city that can support a sustained such a long thread. Plus to have enough discussion from multiple parties as well. Gotta love this thread.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM

3,287 posts, read 5,437,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
It says something to have a city that can support a sustained such a long thread. Plus to have enough discussion from multiple parties as well. Gotta love this thread.
Exactly; and I appreciate the contributions you, Richard Martin, and Phil A Delphia, have made specifically because you three have kept things lively around here with constant posts and information about what's going on in Greenville. I honestly feel like this is a community here amongst this thread, Kelsie is the one who always updates us on food, you always keep us updated on developments, Richard Martin is like I am, a visionary that provides what Greenville should do to keep up or be ahead of its peers and please to the others don't think I don't appreciate your work but I just can't remember your names; you guys have contributed plenty. Keep up the good work and I'm certain somebody in city council is taking consideration into what you're saying and I hope Greenville the best.

I remember back when I first started this thread, it's when I despised Greenville solely because I often compared it to MD or Raleigh when in fact it's a totally different city than those areas, now that I live in DC I appreciate Greenville and its progress everytime I come back. I often find myself craving the places there especially Fuji, Cookout, Zaxby's, Krispy Kreme, and whatever else is good. We have Krispy Kreme here but it's just not as good as back home, I still haven't found a place like Fuji, Cookout, or Zaxby's here. So I know you guys are older than I am, and have probably moved back to Greenville after originally leaving but everyone should appreciate the city a bit more if you don't already.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,448 times
We certainly miss having you around on a regular basis, BMOREBOY. I'll be completely honest with everyone. Sometimes I think of leaving Greenville, but I really sense we're on the verge of a significant breakthrough here. While it may never be as diverse as Raleigh or Charlotte, etc., I do think this town can be a strong place to live. We don't need everything, just a little more, coupled with improving what we have (like downtown, the river). I think if we do a lot of it ourselves, push persistently with confidence for Greenville's improvements and developments (especially right now while the hospital is booming), then the folks in charge in Raleigh won't be able to ignore this region for much longer. I don't think it matters that there aren't a few towns bonded to Greenville (we have more a tentacle system of towns rather than a blob), one hundred thousand residents is a significant amount of people for one town; and we'll hit that mark soon!

Last edited by Phil A. Delphia; 04-26-2013 at 09:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM

145 posts, read 221,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
We certainly miss having you around on a regular basis, BMOREBOY. I'll be completely honest with everyone. Sometimes I think of leaving Greenville, but I really sense we're on the verge of a significant breakthrough here. While it may never be as diverse as Raleigh or Charlotte, etc., I do think this town can be a strong place to live. We don't need everything, just a little more, coupled with improving what we have (like downtown, the river). I think if we do a lot of it ourselves, push persistently with confidence for Greenville's improvements and developments (especially right now while the hospital is booming), than the folks in charge in Raleigh won't be able to ignore this region for much longer. I don't think it matters that there aren't a few towns bonded to Greenville (we have more a tentacle system of towns rather than a blob), one hundred thousand residents is a significant amount of people for one town; and we'll hit that mark soon!
I agree. We don't need to change the whole image of the city or anything. All we need to do is improve the downtown and I believe that is the answer to our problems. Look at all the other big cities, the strength and image of their city is their downtown, people judge the city by looking at their downtown. When they come to a city they expect to see attractions, restaurants, shops, theaters, parks, etc. They don't expect to see big open empty plots of land and rundown old stores and houses mixed in with some newer or just updated buildings. (not saying that all of the downtown is like that but just talking about parts of it) Once Greenville fills in all of the empty and rundown buildings then it will provide new storefronts and (maybe) residential buildings and also it will improve the whole image and atmosphere down there. It's only a matter of time before Greenville starts getting noticed and if we can keep developing more and improving then once we do finally hit 100,000 then we will have a very enticing city for big companies and major research facilities, etc. to move to the area. All I can say is that i'm now proud to say that i'm from Greenville, NC and I am glad that I am able to watch this city develop throughout these years.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM

505 posts, read 2,314,869 times
Quote:
A new Family Dollar is being built on SW Greenville Blvd. (halfway between Williams Rd. and Dickinson Ave., approaching the Allen Rd. crossover). I'm predicting a few wrecks per year from people trying to turn left out of there.

Is this really news worthy....

Family dollar...ole boy!!!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,042,448 times
Quote:

The Allen Rd/Dickinson Ave area has a couple new businesses pop up in the last year. Expect a few more (probably a lot long-term) in the next couple of years.

If you read this thread often, you'll know we aren't inclined to take juvenile pot shots at one another. There's plenty to do on the web. Find something productive to do with your and our time.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 PM

505 posts, read 2,314,869 times
Quote:
The Allen Rd/Dickinson Ave area has a couple new businesses pop up in the last year. Expect a few more (probably a lot long-term) in the next couple of years.

If you read this thread often, you'll know we aren't inclined to take juvenile pot shots at one another. There's plenty to do on the web. Find something productive to do with your and our time.
I was kidding...lol:

Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,044,801 times
Quote:

Any job is a good job. Even Walmart and Family Dollar stores.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 PM

105 posts, read 145,683 times
It was discussed many months ago, about the same time that Bonefish was announced, that Buc's Seafood Restaurant would open in the old Perkins Restaurant located across from the Hilton & the convention center. They even put up a sign out front. I thought they must have backed out after so much time has passed, but today they were ripping out the inside of the building. Does anyone know whats going on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina